I think I'm going to make black bean enchiladas today. With red and green bell peppers.
Well... so unfortunately I took the corn tortillas out of the cabinet and they were MOLDY. I had only bought them like 2 days ago too. Bummer.
I ended up instead making a very interesting - but I think good - soup. Potato/vegetable/egg, with a little bit of quinoa and also some seasonings I wasn't planning on adding but which just seemed right when push came to shove (curry and turmeric)
Just scrambled an egg at the last minute and poured the soup over the egg with some scallions and freshly cracked pepper.
Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
1) Grab tortillas in the fridge, note expiration date (a month and a half ago), go "meh"
2) Grab tomatoes, find that they're moldy, throw them away; grab next most tomato-y thing in fridge (tomato "curry" that didn't turn out curry-ish)
3) Look for greens in fridge, find none, grab greenest thing from freezer (kale)
4) Go "oh, these need another veggie thing", grab corn salsa
5) Realize this needs protein, note quickly growing number of ingredients, go "fuck it" and grab nearest protein source (eggs)
6) Grab sriracha because reasons
1) Put tomato curry, corn salsa, and frozen kale in the microwave
2) Fry eggs on stove
3) Pile ingredients onto 2 tortillas
4) Cover in sriracha
1) Find cozy spot on couch, set plate and tacos on lap
2) Attempt to eat, note taco is dripping down arm
3) Resignedly get ass off couch and eat tacos over sink
4) Feel sort of defeated
Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
want to ask me something? go for it!
I fried up some maple sausages this morning and served them with tomato, onion, and mozzarella omelettes. No hash browns this time. It all came out really well. I'm getting better at running three pans at a time, but I still can't open the eggs with only one hand.
I picked up some mushrooms this weekend as well but didn't notice until the following morning that they were covered in mold. I threw them in the freezer so I can return them next time I go to the grocery store. That was disappointing, I was really looking forward to frying those up in some butter and having them with the eggs.
I made some coconut rice over the weekend to serve with some pork chops and spinach, that was great too.
French toast. The custard is half and half, eggs, honey and salt. I sliced a loaf of challah and let it go stale overnight. This recipe has me pan fry them in butter before baking them to cook the soft center. It came out even better this time than last. I managed to use up the last of the maple sausage too.
Last night, I made turkey burgers. When I make this, I often season the patties with McCormick steak seasoning and use a mix of olive oil spread, salt, pepper, and curry powder as a sauce to spread on the rolls before grilling. I grill all of it over charcoal before assembling, which adds to the flavor, not only of the turkey but also of the sauce on the rolls. This time I used onion rolls and also added some hunks of mozzarella cheese, tomato, and slices of avocado. I pretty much always use swiss cheese for these, and the mozzarella was interesting but I maybe should have added it right before taking the burgers off the grill.