User Tag List

Page 174 of 227 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2265

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

MBTI
    ISFP

@grey_beard

Man, those are some lucky co-workers. This recipe looks fantastic! Anything I should be aware of or watch out for?
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

The Typing Tabby Array grey_beard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pinker85 View Post
    @grey_beard

Man, those are some lucky co-workers. This recipe looks fantastic! Anything I should be aware of or watch out for?
    @Pinker85 --

Yeah, watch the temperature on the lime filling when you're heating it.
    And just a drop or two of green food coloring, and one drop of yellow, worked for me.
    "Love never needs time. But friendship always needs time. More and more and more time, up to long past midnight." -- The Crime of Captain Gahagan

Please comment on my johari / nohari pages.

MBTI
    ISFP

Awesome. Thanks! I might swirl several colors and try to make sunflowers for each individual square. Will post photos!
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet

WhoCares

Fillet mignon (1.5" thick) sauted 3mins each side in a shitload of butter, then place the lid on the pan and let it sit on medium heat for another 3min. Remove from heat and let sit for 10mins. Butter has now become a yummy jus serve with steamed pumpkin.

The kitties approved....

I do not know what I just made but it is damn tasty.

Sort of a mac n cheese thing but, instead of pasta, used half quinoa half grated zucchini.

I might have ODed on macadamia nuts a little bit (earlier this afternoon) so I needed something pretty veg-dominant for a light dinner.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I do not know what I just made but it is damn tasty.

Sort of a mac n cheese thing but, instead of pasta, used half quinoa half grated zucchini.

I might have ODed on macadamia nuts a little bit (earlier this afternoon) so I needed something pretty veg-dominant for a light dinner.
    Sounds nice. Quinoa is really good. Good for leaning out.

WhoCares

Accidental ricotta, I am fridgeless at the moment and although the days are cool milk has been culturing on my kitchen bench for 48hrs in the carton. It did not in any way smell or taste off. There was no taint at all. But when I steamed the milk with my espresso machine this morning it turned into ricotta. I drained off the whey, tasted it, perfect ricotta then scooped it onto my steamed vegetable breakfast and enjoyed. Well....thats one way not to waste a pint of milk. And an easy way to make ricotta cheese.

WhoCares

Roasted coffee beans. Four batches....

Ethiopian Limu Kossa - very fruity, notes of ripe berry fruits, medium acidity and stone fruits with a hint of orange peel.
    Ehtiopian Yirgacheffe Special Prep - floral fruity, not a lot of difference between this and the other ethiopian I have.
    Bali Shinzan - Chocolate bomb with hints of coconut and spice
    Indonesian Kuda Mas - not as nice as the Sulawesi Blue I normally like but dark, spicey and fruit cakey which is typical of Indonesian beans.

Although I'm a coffee snob, I'm also a heathen and roast my beans in a saucepan on the stove. I cannot be bothered with elaborate getups involving hacked breadmakers and paint torches. No thanks what comes off my stove is just fine thanks. I like the fact each roast is sightly different and has a different character to the last. I'm also a low-tech kind of person.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

On Friday, I made jasmine rice mixed with barley (cooked them in the same pot together, turned out fine), squash, grilled chicken strips, thyme, and black pepper. Turned out better than my usual; I guess it's the thyme because that's the first time I've used it. Side salad of dry spinach leaves and tomatoes with French dressing. I was originally just going to mix in the spinach and tomato with the rest of the chicken/rice stuff, but it got crowded.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    On Friday, I made jasmine rice mixed with barley (cooked them in the same pot together, turned out fine), squash, grilled chicken strips, thyme, and black pepper. Turned out better than my usual; I guess it's the thyme because that's the first time I've used it. Side salad of dry spinach leaves and tomatoes with French dressing. I was originally just going to mix in the spinach and tomato with the rest of the chicken/rice stuff, but it got crowded.
    Sounds good. I love barley! Esp in a soup...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.