• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aside from stuffing (my grandmother made), I did Thanksgiving dinner myself. 13 lb turkey, a metric ton of whipped squash, mashed potatoes, steamed sugar snap peas.

Dinner rolls I baked from scratch w/white whole wheat pastry flour & rapid rise yeast.

Apple pie: premade store bought roll-out dough. Made the filling myself.

Pumpkin pie: made from scratch, crust included (same pastry flour as the rolls). Recently got a dough cutter & silicone mat for rolling, & they made a huge difference in crust texture & handleability.

I only have a picture of the pumpkin pie:

mEaQiIR.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Early December: made a gluten-free Funfetti cake shaped like a flowerpot for my INTP best friend.

ATTACH]
1641079379324.jpeg

1641079410896.jpeg

ATTACH]

Flowerpot is 3 layers of Pillsbury gluten-free Funfetti cake. Favorite childhood cake that she hasn’t been able to have for yrs due to the wheat allergy.

Layered between the cake is dark chocolate buttercream frosting made from scratch. Just butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, dark chocolate cocoa powder & a dash of espresso powder.

Flowerpot exterior was made by mixing the unused, remaining fondant from roommate’s kid’s Bob’s Burgers cake last month. Combined the chocolate & caramel fondants for the right color.

Potting soil is mashed gluten-free Oreo cookies. Same with the flower center. It’s half a GF Oreo, attached to the petals by the creme filling. Leaves & petals were also unused supplies from roommate’s kid’s burger cake.

Late December: a lot of gingerbread was made. Some was gluten-free, as my friend spent a lot of the holiday here.

1641078833304.jpeg

1641078861771.jpeg

1641078897949.jpeg

1641078926368.jpeg

I baked the cookies. INTP decorated the pretty snowflake/tree ones, & most of the gingerbread people. I tried, but I just couldn’t get the icing to cooperate. My contribution was just the decapitated cookie in the bottom photo, & like, one of the Rudolphs the 3rd from last photo.

INTP also made a couple of macabre ones. This is probably one of many reasons we’re friends.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
St Patrick’s Day: I took my crockpot to my grandmother’s house. My mom is up visiting/staying there. She wanted some kind of ‘family meal,’ so I opted for that day, as it’d be the easiest but still feel ‘special,’ or whatever.

Made corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes & carrots in the crockpot. I don’t have pictures. Came out great.

Made a festive cheesecake:

1647729641936.jpeg

Just a standard cheesecake with a couple drops of food coloring. Blueberry topping.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Today: Baked a turkey.

Chicken was a lot more expensive per lb when I did my monthly groceries. When that happens, I just get a turkey, bake it, portion it out by weight, & freeze the cooked meat for different dinners over the course of the month, in place of chicken. It reheats really well.

1647742185662.jpeg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This weekend:

Chocolate cheesecake, garnished with sprinkles & a sugar cookie bunny.

1650301792661.jpeg

1650301861927.jpeg

Used this recipe:

I drizzled the tiniest bit of caramel on top to get the Wilton Easter sprinkles to stick. Ghiradelli caramel sauce. It’s a bit more buttery than sickeningly sweet, at least, in the paper-thin ribbons I used.

The cheesecake itself is ridiculously rich. I got through less than half of that giant slice. It was great with a cup of coffee, though. I think I’d prefer a graham cracker crust in the future.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I blame Better Call Saul for this. Been trying to catch up on that show/rewatching Season 1.
Those damned Cinnabon scenes got to me.

Last month, took a crack at cinnamon rolls from scratch for the 1st time.

Used this recipe, but subbed in white whole wheat pastry flour for 50% of the flour required. +whole grain bread improver (I can’t thank @ceecee enough for that suggestion in here a year or so ago— no more dense, gummy wheat breads!!)

I made a huge mess, but they came out delicious/fluffy.

1658757483872.jpeg

1658757651629.jpeg

(Little less icing next time)

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’m trying not to cook or use heat producing devices. The SO baked blueberry scones. I ate leftover coleslaw that the SO made, which is delicious.

we’ve been on a huge vegetarian run, not having had any meat or chicken in a long time. I’m really glad for it. :)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whole wheat penne w/hot Italian chicken sausage, kale, & crushed garden tomatoes w/olive oil (I didn’t have sauce), topped w/mozzarella. Actually came out pretty good (not pretty, but tasted good enough, & contained all the fiber, protein, veggies, & beneficial fat that I wanted). I’m gonna freeze some, & see how it reheats.

1659500931981.jpeg

Ingredients:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whole wheat penne w/hot Italian chicken sausage, kale, & crushed garden tomatoes w/olive oil (I didn’t have sauce), topped w/mozzarella. Actually came out pretty good (not pretty, but tasted good enough, & contained all the fiber, protein, veggies, & beneficial fat that I wanted). I’m gonna freeze some, & see how it reheats.

View attachment 26471

Ingredients:

Do you enjoy chicken sausage or is it a health thing? I've tended to find chicken sausage to be inferior to pork.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you enjoy chicken sausage or is it a health thing? I've tended to find chicken sausage to be inferior to pork.
I always found pork sausage too greasy to enjoy, & greasy stuff doesn’t agree with my stomach. So, it’s a taste thing, but lower saturated fats is a perk with chicken, too. I like this brand in particular. Lot of varieties.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I always found pork sausage too greasy to enjoy, & greasy stuff doesn’t agree with my stomach. So, it’s a taste thing, but lower saturated fats is a perk with chicken, too. I like this brand in particular. Lot of varieties.
Oh. I happen to love grease.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Have you tried Aidells? Pineapple & Bacon chicken sausage is delicious grilled. Then put the leftovers in fried rice.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Have you tried Aidells? Pineapple & Bacon chicken sausage is delicious grilled. Then put the leftovers in fried rice.
I’ve never heard of this brand, either... apparently my local Target store stocks it, though. Haven’t seen it in the grocery store. They have a Cajun kind!!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I’ve never heard of this brand, either... apparently my local Target store stocks it, though. Haven’t seen it in the grocery store. They have a Cajun kind!!
Oh, I love Andouille... hope that stacks up!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night, I made some kinda delicious southwest shrimp & rice thing.

I had some leftover hot pico de gallo from nachos the other night.

I sautéed some shrimp in avocado oil & some lower-sodium ‘taco seasoning’ I had kicking around.
-added a little frozen corn
-added brown rice
-added spicy pico de gallo
-added chopped jalapeños
-added a little kale for extra greens

I let all of that heat up together in my giant skillet.

It was surprisingly good. I topped it with a little dollop of plain Greek yogurt, to temper the heat a bit, though I love spicy things.