• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
so I didnt get to take photos because it really went so fast, my aunt and her husband and my girlfriend who was over for nail night ate the entire thing!! Recipe is super simple

sauce
1/2 pint heavy cream
butter
2 tablespoon flour
juice of 2 lemons
fresh cracked black pepper

reserve 1/2 cup heavy cream for tossing

melt butter and whisk in slowly flour until incorporated, once fully incorporated add lemon juice mix until fragrant (add dried parsley if you have) slowly add heavy cream until nice and smooth. turn off heat

Chicken marinade
1/2 lemon
olive oil
Cajun seasoning

marinate for 1-2 hours

grill or pan fry , let rest and then slice

Pasta

cook type of pasta desired to recommended time

toss pasta sauce and chicken in a pan together with reserved 1/2 heavy cream and add desired amount of cracked black pepper

serve

what kind of chicken, because i might have everything for this

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
what kind of chicken, because i might have everything for this

you can really use any kind!

I have done it with both chicken breast and airline chicken breast ( drum on)

the lemon and olive oil mixture really tenderizes the chicken.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you can really use any kind!

I have done it with both chicken breast and airline chicken breast ( drum on)

the lemon and olive oil mixture really tenderizes the chicken.

oh good because i have a family pack of chicken tenderloins in the freezer and be nice to use those up

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
oh good because i have a family pack of chicken tenderloins in the freezer and be nice to use those up

that will be perfect , just remember to cook them separate from the sauce alot of people make the mistake of trying to encorporate it in the sauce cooking or drop them in the prepared sauce raw . it gets tossed in cooked with the pasta.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Panko "fried" chicken (really shake and bake, basically, except I broiled which was a mistake, I think. Should have baked). It was so good... perfectly juicy like the best fried chicken.

Also psuedo-elotes. Just used the mix from trader joe's, sour cream, and frozen corn.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
roasting a golden potato; a videlia onion, and an heirloom tomato

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I invented something. 2 zucchini cut into half moons, 3 bacon slices cut into small peices, a shallot chopped, about 10 heirloom cherry tomatos cut into halfs, and 3 garlic cloves minced. Fried in olive oil, then add salt, peppercorns grinded roughly, and grated ginger.

Light taste, and pretty healthy.

The Cat

Staff member
baking a sweet potato in the oven ^_^ probably use some left over roasted garlic and some ghee to make some garlic toast...

The Cat

Staff member
cooking is so relaxing. Today I roasted a potato; then double roasted the skin while roasting a clove of elephant garlic; then i made some vegetarian jalapeno poppers with two thai chilli peppers in the filling, topped with shredded cheddar and cornbread crumbs; and a japanese sweet potato. making a pesto pasta salad with marinated grape tomatoes for tomorrow. also about to make some garlic bread out of some wheat hoagie rolls and the garlic i roasted with some ghee...need to get some feta crumbles and soy sauce tomorrow...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suppose this isn't strictly baking/cooking, but I set up 3 jars of strawberry rhubarb vodka. I recently opened the one I made last summer, and it was amazingly good. I threw it together at the time as an experiment, not expecting much, but now I will make some every year when the rhubarb comes in season. The fruits removed after "steeping" for nearly a year are good in baked items, so I will be baking after all, with those tomorrow.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Salad with some leftover steak fried up in a pan, a few cubes of baguette fried in the pan as crotons and a honey mustard dressing. Getting down to the last of the fridge items pre-move.

The Cat

Staff member
Spicy Teriyaki tofu and Chinese eggplant with sugarsnap peas, waterchestnuts, beansprouts, and thai chilipeppers

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I attempted to make a lasagna but ssome technical difficulties happened so we weren't able to cook it so put it in the fridge to be heated for tonight. but my friend had me type up and share my recipe for it, so here's the recipe he says my lasagna rivals his mom's who was actually italian.

kHRGsq6.jpg

8EneUET.jpg

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Spicy Italian chicken sausage, cut up, with steamed spaghetti squash, topped with a little green pepper/onion tomato sauce, and nonfat shredded mozzarella. Came out pretty good...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Today is some bulk cooking items.

Beef Stroganoff x4
Chicken Pot Pies x4
Stuffed Cabbage x4
Chicken Flautas (freeze then air fry) x30 or however many tortillas to chicken I end up with.
Bolognaise (about 6 quart size bags)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
mac and cheese, but i used flour i had seasoned for country fried steak for the thickener and it made it even better than usual
CxcatOg.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Blueberry lemon muffins, i had a photo of an old recipe and extracted and copied the text so because it's ai it's not perfect, but good enough to get the gist. I followed this recipe and threw in the zest of a lemon with the blue berries
4t3W3jA.jpg

il7Ac0j.jpg

RmS5LWW.jpg

WRQM9Li.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yesterday I was trying to get rid of a few old bananas and couldn't find my loaf pan, so I made banana muffins instead, into which I mixed chopped-up Dove dark chocolate mini's since I didn't have any chocolate chips. The results were fairly decent, although I need to experiment a bit more with the cooking time and mix.