• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Does baking myself count?:unsure:

In all seriousness, I didn't bake or cook today, but I got a Foreman grill a couple weeks ago, and I love it! I've cooked hot dogs, hamburgers, and fish all multiple times since then.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tonight, I may finally try again at baking a fluffy loaf of white whole wheat bread. With a cinnamon swirl center. Issue in the past was that my wheat bread would never freaking rise enough, but I finally got my hands on that King Arthur Whole Grain Bread Improver [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] suggested to me before, so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

That, and my warming drawer below the oven really helped my white wheat yeast doughnuts rise a couple of months ago, so I think utilizing that should help, too.

Will post results later. If it comes out well, I'll make a second loaf to take to my grandmother tomorrow. If it's a dud, she'll get some banana bread, since I have a metric ton of overripe bananas in the freezer.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ ...I baked. I tried a couple of different recipes, all w/the bread improver.

One was kind of a dud loaf. It didn't rise in the oven much, was dense. Roommate & her kid ate a bunch of it anyway & liked it. What's left of it will probably be kinda gummy tomorrow, though.

The other two loaves look right. They're still cooling. Taking the best looking one to my grandmother's later, so, no cutting into that.

Only photo I have (for now) is what remains of the dud bread... the ends.

isDUsyt.jpg

...before I wrapped them up, I got a food coloring marker out.
I'll leave my creation on the table.

why am I like this.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
^ ...I baked. I tried a couple of different recipes, all w/the bread improver.

One was kind of a dud loaf. It didn't rise in the oven much, was dense. Roommate & her kid ate a bunch of it anyway & liked it. What's left of it will probably be kinda gummy tomorrow, though.

The other two loaves look right. They're still cooling. Taking the best looking one to my grandmother's later, so, no cutting into that.

Only photo I have (for now) is what remains of the dud bread... the ends.

isDUsyt.jpg

...before I wrapped them up, I got a food coloring marker out.
I'll leave my creation on the table.

why am I like this.

I would have eaten it, the fact that it has a face now, just makes it more delicious. I think it has to do with how we were raised...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would have eaten it, the fact that it has a face now, just makes it more delicious. I think it has to do with how we were raised...

My brain just converts anything it can into a muppet. :shrug:

The Cat

Staff member
I cooked dinner for my folks and took it over to them, for my mom for mothers day; fancy garlic burgers and baked beans. I sauteed some shiitake mushrooms and jasmine rice for myself.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
rDTgtyT.jpg

Boneless pork chops with chile peanut rice, mexican coleslaw, and drunken beans. It was what my mom wanted for mother's day. we're also gonna make fish tacos one night and put the slaw on them

The Cat

Staff member
Steak; a perfectly baked potato with ghee and chives, and peas.

- - - Updated - - -

rDTgtyT.jpg

Boneless pork chops with chile peanut rice, mexican coleslaw, and drunken beans. It was what my mom wanted for mother's day. we're also gonna make fish tacos one night and put the slaw on them

Did you make the slaw? It looks so fresh and tangy ^_^

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
made country fried steak for the first time and turned out amazing. everything else on the plate i've made before. the roasted potatoes are seasoned with salt,pepper,paprika, and italian seasoning

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Making blackened chicken pasta with a lemon alfredo sauce. will post pics

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Last night I cooked gluten free rotini made of chickpeas. Not bad.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
and recipe?

so I didnt get to take photos because it really went so fast, my aunt and her husband and my girlfriend who was over for nail night ate the entire thing!! Recipe is super simple

sauce
1/2 pint heavy cream
butter
2 tablespoon flour
juice of 2 lemons
fresh cracked black pepper

reserve 1/2 cup heavy cream for tossing

melt butter and whisk in slowly flour until incorporated, once fully incorporated add lemon juice mix until fragrant (add dried parsley if you have) slowly add heavy cream until nice and smooth. turn off heat

Chicken marinade
1/2 lemon
olive oil
Cajun seasoning

marinate for 1-2 hours

grill or pan fry , let rest and then slice

Pasta

cook type of pasta desired to recommended time

toss pasta sauce and chicken in a pan together with reserved 1/2 heavy cream and add desired amount of cracked black pepper

serve