• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Made the most epic tuna sandwich for dinner:

Canned tuna, spicy guacamole, chopped celery, diced onion & jalepeno, with some paprika, on toasted whole wheat bread. Not complicated, but a really awesome combination of flavors/textures.

I really wanted some super-salty kettle cooked potato chips with it, but I don’t normally have that around (& it’s not worth going to the store just for that), so I sautéed some kale with avocado oil, salt, & pepper to have on the side instead.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Roasted a 6lb whole chicken, specifically for future sandwiches.

Rubbed with light balsamic vinaigrette dressing, poultry seasoning, & cayenne.

Used my electric knife for clean, thin slices of breast meat, & just kinda took the dark meat off in chunks, since it more or less slid off the bone. Divided it all into 2oz portions & placed in individual freezer containers.

The breast slices will be perfect for standard sandwiches with hummus & maybe some cheddar, kale/tomato, & the dark meat chunks I’ll probably use for spicy chicken salad sandwiches (little light miracle whip, spicy guacamole, paprika, chopped jalapeño, celery, & onion).

I accidentally dropped a bit of [unseasoned, cooked] chicken fat I was trying to discard, which Cricket greedily consumed before I could take it from him (my cat is not allowed people-food).

...I just found his toy mouse on my pillow. He’s never done that. I think he was trying to thank me. :shock:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not today, but last week/weekend, I made doughnuts for the first time ever, as a b-day treat to myself.

Would’ve taken photos, but they were eaten fairly quickly by me, roommate, & roommate’s offspring.

I shaped & froze half the dough after the 1st rise, for future use. Not sure how they’ll thaw out, but it should be interesting to see what happens, either way. Ideally they should thaw okay in the fridge, then rise for half an hour, & be ready to fry right away. We’ll see.

Recipe I used:

tatzwFR.jpg

^only ingredient changes I made were the following-

- Vanilla unsweetened almond milk in place of dairy milk
- 50/50 white crappy flour & white whole wheat flour
- canola oil for frying (usually that book says to use veg oil)

They came out delicious. Dusted with granulated sugar. Warm, sweet, fluffy clouds.

Using the ‘warming drawer’ in my stove was a game-changer for getting the dough to rise. None of my other stoves have ever had a warming drawer. It’s usually just a broiler (broiler is inside the oven on this model, though). I love this thing.

I’m never buying doughnuts anywhere again. None will ever stand up to a hot, fresh, fluffy homemade one.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A smoothie that kind of looks like diarrhea (shouldn't mix red and green things in the future), but doesn't taste terrible and seems to be a pretty efficient way of getting three servings of fruits and vegetables. It was a very good idea to buy all those fruits and vegetables. Including the frozen fruits...

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
i fed my yeast starter so i don't know if that counts as cooking

my new starter is made of rye flour and it smelt like apples this morning was amazing.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pecan Pie smoothie. Recipe called for pecans, bananas, nutmeg, almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, sea salt and dates. I was a little short on almond milk, so I subbed some of the milk with my cinnamon toast crunch creamer. I also used some raisins instead of dates; I think dates would have added that caramelly flavor pecan pie has that this was lacking but it was still a good smoothie. More banana bread-like.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cajun style beans and rice (but with black beans instead of red because that's what I had) with andouille sausage and thick-cut bacon. So good. Packs a punch, though.

I made a lot of it, also so I'm good for a few days.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
So, what did you pick?(I would have voted the brussel sprouts. O.O)
So essentially I picked both , I did the asaparagus because it's heavier and the salmon is lighter and tonight I will do the brussell sprouts with flank steak . It was VERY filling and after my long run yesterday delish!
e3cc61c1de36c0f187ec7a1623a8cb25.jpeg

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Yesterday I made sloppy joes with grass fed beef, and a homemade tomato paste/hoisin based sauce that I spontaneously came up with. I also hid a ton of finely diced bell pepper and mushroom in it. I'm a fancy bitch.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=33711]Abcdenfp[/MENTION] - I just watched this one out of curiosity. I was largely unimpressed for most of it, only because it's nearly exactly how I do potatoes, so there was nothing new.

And then he whipped out the truffle oil.
I made noises. Noises of pleasure. With my mouth.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
[MENTION=33711]Abcdenfp[/MENTION] - I just watched this one out of curiosity. I was largely unimpressed for most of it, only because it's nearly exactly how I do potatoes, so there was nothing new.

And then he whipped out the truffle oil.
I made noises. Noises of pleasure. With my mouth.

lol .. mouth pleasure is the best pleasure.

Truffles I truly believe are a gift left to us from the old gods. FUCKING YES THEY ARE

LOL … I am telling you he can cook, any man who has a squirt bottle on a hand filled with home made sauce ...well..

**Side note** on the intro when he is basting the steak in the herb butter... my heart flutters.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
lol .. mouth pleasure is the best pleasure.

Truffles I truly believe are a gift left to us from the old gods. FUCKING YES THEY ARE

LOL … I am telling you he can cook, any man who has a squirt bottle on a hand filled with home made sauce ...well..

**Side note** on the intro when he is basting the steak in the herb butter... my heart flutters.

7HW7eja.gif