• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Shaved beef with seasame oil and red pepper flakes, udon noodles, and a miso broth mixed with soy sauce, ginger, and pepper with egg on top. Simple, yet good.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dinner tonight:

Baked salmon fillet, w/a pinch of basil, cayenne pepper & sea salt. Brushed w/a bit of olive oil halfway through.
Side was brown rice, quinoa, & sautéed kale stalks & chopped jalapeño peppers I needed to use up. All mixed together. Added a little salt & pepper. There’s enough left of the side to use tomorrow w/some chicken breast or something.

Dessert is a homemade pineapple juice popsicle.

Pinker85

0D1LWEv.jpg

Asian style turkey cutlet made of ground turkey, chopped onions, fresh garlic, Thai ground chili powder, roasted rice powder (not sure this was a necessary addition, will try without next time,) salt and pepper. Surprisingly tasty when cooked in some olive oil. Served it in cooked collard green wraps with turmeric sauerkraut, tomatoes and sweet potatoes. I think the addition of the sweet potatoes balanced the flavors well. Ate similar to a burrito.

V8sliXv.jpg

Amazing salad that was more a riff than anything. The arugula, raspberry and green grape combo worked so well with citrus rice vinegar and olive oil. I also added green onions but think red onions might work and be really aesthetically pleasing. Really good flavor combo. The shrimp was good but I think may have been treated with sulfites as I felt a bit of a reaction to it. Will try the salad combo next time with either chicken breast or fish.

Made my usual green smoothie. Today I've included the seeds of half a papaya which supposedly help with detoxing.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Sourdough bread is easily in my top 3 favorite foods. It might actually be #1 with a generous smearing of high quality butter.

same! It's always been on my top 10 things I want to accomplish to have my own starter and when it was business as usual I would tell myself some day. When the pandemic first started I committed ( like millions of other people) to making my own. It's been a labour of love ❤️ and honestly I make the best fucking pizza Dough in the WORLD with it. Doesn't matter what flour you use it's bomb.

I named him quarty when he was little and now that he is a bad ass Quarentino

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
same! It's always been on my top 10 things I want to accomplish to have my own starter and when it was business as usual I would tell myself some day. When the pandemic first started I committed ( like millions of other people) to making my own. It's been a labour of love ❤️ and honestly I make the best fucking pizza Dough in the WORLD with it. Doesn't matter what flour you use it's bomb.

I named him quarty when he was little and now that he is a bad ass Quarentino

I've wanted to do it for years but I am notoriously awful at getting anything done, or even started. Yes, even and especially something aptly called a "starter". I'm the worst. :happy2:

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I've wanted to do it for years but I am notoriously awful at getting anything done, or even started. Yes, even and especially something aptly called a "starter". I'm the worst. :happy2:

meeee toooooo.. but I love bringing things to life and also the drama of it dying was a major motivator lol .. I am not normal

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is not super fancy but it is nachos and was very exciting for me.

913c951fa1b9da05c8616e829583cc74.jpeg

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm attempting a frozen whole chicken in the Instant Pot (which I have only used a couple times). Going to serve with a wild rice blend that I'll throw some frozen organic veggies in along with some fresh garlic and lemon juice. I haven't really cooked in awhile and I wanted something healthy and tasty, but with minimal effort.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I'm attempting a frozen whole chicken in the Instant Pot (which I have only used a couple times). Going to serve with a wild rice blend that I'll throw some frozen organic veggies in along with some fresh garlic and lemon juice. I haven't really cooked in awhile and I wanted something healthy and tasty, but with minimal effort.

Add a tad more water than to the base of the tribbit, the chicken tends to dry, twice with chicken my instapot has been, mysterious as to what it did with the water. and a bit extra you can always make gravy. :shrug:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Add a tad more water than to the base of the tribbit, the chicken tends to dry, twice with chicken my instapot has been, mysterious as to what it did with the water. and a bit extra you can always make gravy. :shrug:

Oh bummer... I already started it. There's maybe 9 oz in there.
I did put some oil on the chicken though so the seasoning would stick. Hopefully that helps.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
😂😂 this made me laugh so hard .
so this is the basic recipe! If you have left over rice and are not sure what to do with it, it's an easy and delicious way to not have any waste!
1egg (optional)
1 can of black beans
1 cup of left over rice
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 table spoons of flour
Chilli powder
Garlic power
Salt pepper

panko or some form of breading agent
directions
puree half of the can of black beans ( this acts as a binding agent too)
conbine all of the ingredients and mix together adding flour as necessary until combined and then coat the outside with panko or any bread crumb or just flour!

lightly brown both sides in a pan and pop in oven for 20 minutes at 350 ! Voila!

will send picture of them cooked

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
😂😂 this made me laugh so hard .
so this is the basic recipe! If you have left over rice and are not sure what to do with it, it's an easy and delicious way to not have any waste!
1egg (optional)
1 can of black beans
1 cup of left over rice
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 table spoons of flour
Chilli powder
Garlic power
Salt pepper

panko or some form of breading agent
directions
puree half of the can of black beans ( this acts as a binding agent too)
conbine all of the ingredients and mix together adding flour as necessary until combined and then coat the outside with panko or any bread crumb or just flour!

lightly brown both sides in a pan and pop in oven for 20 minutes at 350 ! Voila!

will send picture of them cooked

I might have to do this with my leftover rice from yesterday. Throw some beans, cheddar, and maybe chicken in, Mexican spices, and then bitterly regret the whole thing as my children cry about it at the table for an hour straight without even taking a single bite.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
I might have to do this with my leftover rice from yesterday. Throw some beans, cheddar, and maybe chicken in, Mexican spices, and then bitterly regret the whole thing as my children cry about it at the table for an hour straight without even taking a single bite.

Get a plunger and a wisk and slowly approach them them screaming this till they eat.