• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

rav3n

I made this the other night. It's homemade bbq pork (no red dye and sliced prior to marinading for 24 hours, so it soaks up the flavor) with fried vermicelli and asparagus. It took over an hour to make since it was raining so I couldn't use the outdoor grill and had to use the broiler.

s1c59vJ.jpg

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am making some soup. Equal parts water and chicken broth, with onion and garlic, fresh carrots, a bit of wild rice, some spices and herbs. Simmered that for half an hour, then tossed in some chopped frozen Brussels sprouts (never had frozen sprouts, but given the times, I bought a bag a few weeks ago and 'roasted' them in the oven. They taste almost exactly like frozen broccoli, which is disappointing and not very enjoyable. Hence tossing them into the soup). Just cut up a chicken breast in it and added a bunch of quinoa. Will be ready soon. Will have some tonight and it'll be a good lunch for a few days.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am making some soup. Equal parts water and chicken broth, with onion and garlic, fresh carrots, a bit of wild rice, some spices and herbs. Simmered that for half an hour, then tossed in some chopped frozen Brussels sprouts (never had frozen sprouts, but given the times, I bought a bag a few weeks ago and 'roasted' them in the oven. They taste almost exactly like frozen broccoli, which is disappointing and not very enjoyable. Hence tossing them into the soup). Just cut up a chicken breast in it and added a bunch of quinoa. Will be ready soon. Will have some tonight and it'll be a good lunch for a few days.
I really enjoy wild rice in soup. It is hearty and chewy with good flavor, and different from the usual pasta, barley, etc.

I make a soup I call "root soup" which has rutabaga, carrots, onions, potatoes, sausage, and wild rice, as well as a bottle or two of dark beer. I throw in some frozen green beans toward the end for some green veggies, and make salad with sturdy greens like kale to go with it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have a brisket in the sous vide that I will smoke tomorrow.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Diabetes in a bowl.

Q27DlJu.jpg

I didn't make the ice cream - although I've already made ice cream a few times - but at least I made the cookie with smarties from scratch.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Vegetarian Rogan Josh (since my meat wasn't defrosted) with sweet potatoes, carrots, and peas, and Jasmine rice very lightly flavored with coconut milk and curry powder. I was hoping to add garbanzo beans, but I was out. I'm not missing them, it turned out great.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Made a coffee-cake last night with this recipe:

Our Favorite Sour Cream Coffeecake | King Arthur Flour

But with a couple substitutions.

-Used white whole wheat flour instead of plain white flour
-Plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (needed to use it up/was due to expire)
-Splenda in place of sugar for the cake part
-Brown sugar in place of white sugar for the streusel topping
-Also added a tbsp vanilla extract to the cake batter

It’s still pretty unhealthy, but the sugar’s been reduced, & it’s 100% whole grain, so it’s a little less unhealthy, haha. Flavor & texture weren’t sacrificed.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Made a coffee-cake last night with this recipe:

Our Favorite Sour Cream Coffeecake | King Arthur Flour

But with a couple substitutions.

-Used white whole wheat flour instead of plain white flour
-Plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream (needed to use it up/was due to expire)
-Splenda in place of sugar for the cake part
-Brown sugar in place of white sugar for the streusel topping
-Also added a tbsp vanilla extract to the cake batter

It’s still pretty unhealthy, but the sugar’s been reduced, & it’s 100% whole grain, so it’s a little less unhealthy, haha. Flavor & texture weren’t sacrificed.

This is an excellent recipe, I've made it several times.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Chicken curry... It was terrible. Too much salt + pineapple = a tongue killer. I wasn't eating my food, my food was eating me. :shock:

On the other hand; look at this piece of pineapple, it's heart shaped! Please someone shoot me.

(Apparently... Making a simple sauce isn't my thing. I added too much bouillon -> salty shit. My curry sauce looked more brownish instead of yellow. It's that I made it myself, if anyone else would've served me that shit I would've had many questions. My magpies would get a heart attack with the amount of salt that's in there. No snacks for them today. :c )

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Chicken curry... It was terrible. Too much salt + pineapple = a tongue killer. I wasn't eating my food, my food was eating me. :shock:

On the other hand; look at this piece of pineapple, it's heart shaped! Please someone shoot me.

(Apparently... Making a simple sauce isn't my thing. I added too much bouillon -> salty shit. My curry sauce looked more brownish instead of yellow. It's that I made it myself, if anyone else would've served me that shit I would've had many questions. My magpies would get a heart attack with the amount of salt that's in there. No snacks for them today. :c )

For curry, I usually prefer a sauce of plain yogurt, lemon juice, and curry powder, with ginger, garlic, salt, and a little cayenne. I like to marinate chunks of chicken that way and then cook kebab style, mixing the remaining marinade with my veggies as they cook, then serve with jasmine rice.

I'm not sure how authentic it is, but it's fucking delicious.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
For curry, I usually prefer a sauce of plain yogurt, lemon juice, and curry powder, with ginger, garlic, salt, and a little cayenne. I like to marinate chunks of chicken that way and then cook kebab style, mixing the remaining marinade with my veggies as they cook, then serve with jasmine rice.

I'm not sure how authentic it is, but it's fucking delicious.

UnAuThEntIc curry?! HOW COULD YOU! (Just kidding don't worry, I can't even cook xD)

That doesn't sound bad. I tried to use coconut milk this time. (Because all the other two times, my curry tasted like flour) It was okay until a certain point and I don't know what happened after that. :'D (It lost taste) That's when I decided to add the other piece of the bouillon cube (bad decision).
I've never tried to cook yoghurt tho... For some reason that sounds scary. Let me watch a video on how to cook yoghurt first. :'D

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
UnAuThEntIc curry?! HOW COULD YOU! (Just kidding don't worry, I can't even cook xD)

That doesn't sound bad. I tried to use coconut milk this time. (Because all the other two times, my curry tasted like flour) It was okay until a certain point and I don't know what happened after that. :'D (It lost taste) That's when I decided to add the other piece of the bouillon cube (bad decision).
I've never tried to cook yoghurt tho... For some reason that sounds scary. Let me watch a video on how to cook yoghurt first. :'D

I bake the chicken on skewers propped across a casserole dish so heat circulates all around. Sometimes I'm lazy and cook the veggies in the casserole dish underneath with the marinade dripping down while I cooks. If you do this, make sure to oil or line the pan or it'll all burn in the bottom (with or without veggies).

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Chicken and dumplings
for the broth
4 chicken thighs
1 carrot cut into big pieces
1 stalk celery cut into big pieces
1 onion quartered
2 giant cloves garlic
salt and pepper
bay leaf
put in large pot cover with water cook until chicken is falling off the bones

I didn't make dumplings i just used raw biscuits next time i'll make dumplings so you'll need to google this

take everything out of the liquid to add 1tsp better than bouillion chicken bring to a boil and in batches drop dumplings in they're done when they float
take the dumplings whisk in a slurry of 1tsp cornstarch 2tsp whole milk, whisk until thickened

take chicken off bones and add the dumplings and chicken back into the liquid

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I made these pheasant back mushrooms earlier this week. Fried in a cast iron pan with butter, salt, and pepper until somewhat caramelized. They have a hearty texture and meaty flavor this way.

6D8NtBX.jpg