• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cake dump.

Didn’t bake these today. The birthday cakes were in 2017, but I forgot to post them.

Made my nerd friend an original Nintendo console-shaped cake:

On request, I made a Pokémon cake for my roommate’s kid in 2017.

(Family req). Xmas cakes from 2017/18:

Those are really cute, but I don't think the ones you made in 2017 are still edible.

;)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those are really cute, but I don't think the ones you made in 2017 are still edible.

;)

Haha, probably not... they were eaten pretty quick. I found them in my imgur library & wanted to share anyway. I don’t have much in the way of income, so my presents over the past couple yrs have consisted of personalized cakes... because.. who doesn’t like cake?!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, probably not... they were eaten pretty quick. I found them in my imgur library & wanted to share anyway. I don’t have much in the way of income, so my presents over the past couple yrs have consisted of personalized cakes... because.. who doesn’t like cake?!

[MENTION=22644]The[/MENTION] Mysterious Stranger :dry:

:)

- - - Updated - - -

[MENTION]The Mysterious Stranger[/mention] :dry:

How am I supposed to mention you, Oh Mysterious One?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=22644]The[/MENTION] Mysterious Stranger :dry:

- - - Updated - - -

How am I supposed to mention you, Oh Mysterious One?

Anyone who claims to hate cake is a damn, damn liar. :dont:

I’ve noticed with that username in particular, you have to go back & edit after posting, & move the [/MENTION] tag to after ‘Mysterious Stranger.’ It automatically thinks you’re talking about an inactive user named, ‘The’ & wraps the mention tags only around ‘The’... It’s weird w/spaces.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I’ve noticed with that username in particular, you have to go back & edit after posting, & move the [/MENTION] tag to after ‘Mysterious Stranger.’ It automatically thinks you’re talking about an inactive user named, ‘The’ & wraps the mention tags only around ‘The’... It’s weird w/spaces.

If I just move it, it highlights the while thing but still links to The.

I think this is just a sneaky plot by Eryn to put an end to being tagged! ;)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

:laugh:

I hate most cake because it is too damned sweet. This Korean cakes though, with the fuit onntop and the mild frosting that tastes more like whip cream- those are amazing.

I made one of my terrible favorites: Trader Joe’s orange chicken. But speaking of ‘too sweet’ J only use half the sauce and I add garlic, red onions and peppers.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Kiwi, half a banana, home made tumeric granola with almonds + coconut yogurt. Extremely yummy and easy to make in the morning. I'm not a morning person at all ... I'm rather grumpy in the morning and need some food asap to cheer me up/get me ready for the day.

View attachment 21677

Salmon marinated in mustard, olive oil, lime juice, topped with dill weed, some roasted pine nuts and golden raisins with spinach and topped with goat cheese + rice and a scoop of hummus on the side.

oYFoaVo.jpg

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Thai steak salad.

Except the stir3 was out of thai basil. So I used fennel seed instead- I have tonnes from my garden-it was the best steak salad I’ e ever had.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Thai steak salad.

Except the stir3 was out of thai basil. So I used fennel seed instead- I have tonnes from my garden-it was the best steak salad I’ e ever had.

Why havent you started a gardening thread? What are you waiting for? I demand a thread of tips. Post in my gardening thread. TIPS TRICKS GIVE ME YOUR SECRETS

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Sous Vide egg bites. It took me forever to actually try them at Starbucks but I think the one I make are better. It's also much easier to sous vide everything since I got a Cabrio contain with a lid. I really recommend this cooking method, it's so easy and the results are phenomenal.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A new recipe, which is exciting! Jerk chicken (homemade rub) with roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onion.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A new recipe, which is exciting! Jerk chicken (homemade rub) with roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, and onion.

I demand you share the chicken rub recipe!

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I demand you share the chicken rub recipe!

Here you go! It makes 1 cup, and you are supposed to be able to store it in the fridge for up to 10 days. I estimated 1/3 of it yesterday, since I wasn't using a whole chicken and was only doing 3 chicken breasts with the potatoes/veggies, and it worked out fine. I also didn't have red wine vinegar and used white wine vinegar with a few spoonfuls of red wine - it still tasted great.

----------------

2 T olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 jalapeno chilies, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
1 T ground allspice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 T brown sugar
1 tsp white pepper
1 T dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup red wine vinegar

Heat the oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the garlic and jalapenos and saute until garlic just starts to color, around 3 minutes. Add the allspice, cinnamon, cayenne, and brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to clump together. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.

Transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the white pepper, thyme, salt, ginger, scallions, lime juice, and red wine vinegar and blend until smooth.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here you go! It makes 1 cup, and you are supposed to be able to store it in the fridge for up to 10 days. I estimated 1/3 of it yesterday, since I wasn't using a whole chicken and was only doing 3 chicken breasts with the potatoes/veggies, and it worked out fine. I also didn't have red wine vinegar and used white wine vinegar with a few spoonfuls of red wine - it still tasted great.

----------------

2 T olive oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 jalapeno chilies, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
1 T ground allspice
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 T brown sugar
1 tsp white pepper
1 T dried thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup red wine vinegar

Heat the oil in a small saute pan over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the garlic and jalapenos and saute until garlic just starts to color, around 3 minutes. Add the allspice, cinnamon, cayenne, and brown sugar and cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar melts and the mixture starts to clump together. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.

Transfer the mixture to a blender. Add the white pepper, thyme, salt, ginger, scallions, lime juice, and red wine vinegar and blend until smooth.

This sounds freaking amazing. I love spicy chicken recipes. Been using a Cajun rub for awhile/gotten bored w/it. Your recipe has a delicious combo of ingredients— it’ll be fun to try this out sometime. Thank you!

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made pumpkin pancakes.

Disappointing stupid bland worthless pumpkin pancakes. :sadbanana:

Someday, I’ll get these right. They are like the white whale of my baking. Not enough pumpkin purée? BLAND/worthless. Even a tiny bit too much? Soggy, gummy— WORTHLESS.

I’ll strike the right balance.. someday... *shakes fist at the sky*

Maybe I should buy a harpoon & track down my own fresh pumpkin for this.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I made pumpkin pancakes.

Disappointing stupid bland worthless pumpkin pancakes. :sadbanana:

Someday, I’ll get these right. They are like the white whale of my baking. Not enough pumpkin purée? BLAND/worthless. Even a tiny bit too much? Soggy, gummy— WORTHLESS.

I’ll strike the right balance.. someday... *shakes fist at the sky*

Maybe I should buy a harpoon & track down my own fresh pumpkin for this.

Lex piled upon the pumpkin's orange hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by her whole race from Adam down; and then, as if her chest had been a mortar, she burst her hot heart's shell upon it. "From hells heart I bake at thee, for hate sake I whisk my last breath at thee."

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lex piled upon the pumpkin's orange hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by her whole race from Adam down; and then, as if her chest had been a mortar, she burst her hot heart's shell upon it. "From hells heart I bake at thee, for hate sake I whisk my last breath at thee."

“Sink all pancakes and all waffles to one common pool [of syrup]! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned pumpkin! Thus, I give up the spatula!”

Poor Herman Melville.
If I could draw, I would sketch this final scene unfolding in my kitchen.