• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Risotto with foraged chanterelle mushrooms, hidden bugs and all.

I know, I know... you're all too bougie to eat bugs. Knowingly.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Baked my first cheesecake ever today (with blueberry topping)

X93pWmm.jpg

I’ll add another photo of a single slice later today/tomorrow when I cut into it. Hope it came out all right. It rose well above the springform pan, but settled down when it cooled. No cracks, though.
I don’t even really like cheesecake all that much (way too rich) — but my friends do. A few are coming over for a movie night this week.

Recipe:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Baked my first cheesecake ever today (with blueberry topping)

X93pWmm.jpg

I’ll add another photo of a single slice later today/tomorrow when I cut into it. Hope it came out all right. It rose well above the springform pan, but settled down when it cooled. No cracks, though.
I don’t even really like cheesecake all that much (way too rich) — but my friends do. A few are coming over for a movie night this week.

Recipe:

I would like this but I can't because you said you don't even like cheesecake. :dry: :cry:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like this but I can't because you said you don't even like cheesecake. :dry: :cry:

:laugh: I should’ve said... I like cheesecake.. but it’s definitely not my favorite dessert. And it has to have some kind of fruit or chocolate in/on it, or I won’t enjoy it. Plain cheesecake gets kinda gross, for me. I’m a picky, picky weirdo with my desserts.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I made edibles (pic coming soon) let me finish my fucking movie first (sing street) geeze

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
blackened pork chops, roasted garlic cheese mashed potatoes, and broccoli salad.
20190803_181912.jpg

I did the pork on the stove so it probably didn't get as blackened as it would've on the grill. but i do have an ultra heat burner that i used which got it pretty close. The trick is even you have a warmer put the cast iron griddle/skillet on it for a few hours then put it on the burner turn the heat all the way up put a high smoke point oil on (about a tbs) wait til it's smoking put the pork on. Open the front door and a window and turn the vent on high

mrgrtt123

This doesn't look so appetizing but trust me when I say that the combination of Sriracha and Honey is a must-try. :wubbie:

Attachments

• Chicken wings.jpg
    Chicken wings.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 49

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
xcQg8Gv.jpg

Salad, carrots, hokkaido pumpkin, mango, noodles with home-made pesto rosso, and few pieces of eggplant topped with hummus.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I tried cooking coconut milk rice. It didn't come up as expected, but it's still good.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I tried cooking coconut milk rice. It didn't come up as expected, but it's still good.

Canned coconut milk?
Try jasmine rice with Aroy-D brand (or better) canned coconut milk in place of some of the water, or even a little in addition to, if you want it extra creamy.
A little aromatics go a long way too (onion, garlic, ginger - I usually just use powdered form for rice), or a bit of lime juice and cilantro. It's also lovely with some curry powder.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
A successful experiment. I found a single, tiny bright red bell pepper growing in my garden and wanted to use it.

So I cooked it with garlic and mushrooms stuffed it in a chicken breast-along with some Parmesan cheese-made a balsamic glaze and poured it on top. It was pretty fucking good.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does old-fashioned stovetop oatmeal count as cooking? If so, made that, with unsweetened vanilla almond milk in place of water. Added cinnamon & pinch of stevia to the pot. Dropped in some frozen blueberries when it was done, to cool it down/add more flavor. Coupled with blueberry-flavored coffee, it’s a decent breakfast. Forgot how much old fashioned oats expand, though. I only did 1/2 cup oats to 1 cup almond milk, & the serving is huge. But eh, that’s ok. Doing longer workout/home PT session today. Carbs are good for that.

Lunch’ll probably be a giant smoothie, w/nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (22 grams protein!), frozen blueberries, frozen mango, mango-flavored cold green tea (I got this big tin of flavored green tea bags for Xmas. I’m not the biggest green tea fan, but I know there are anti-inflammatory benefits among other things, so it’s a crisp addition to a smoothie. Adds a little post-workout pickmeup w/the small amt of caffeine in there, too), a chunk of fresh ginger root, & loads of fresh spinach. Usually I run my NutriBullet with everything, then add more spinach, & run it again/repeat, til the smoothie turns green. Can’t taste the spinach- it’s a bland enough veggie that the fruit & ginger completely overpower it.
Got this NutriBullet in 2012. Motor’s starting to go. Blade doesn’t pulverize quite as well as it used to. I’ll be sad when this thing has to be put out to pasture.

Dinner - will probably bake that last frozen salmon fillet, brushed w/a teensy bit of teriyaki marinade & topped w/pepper. Steamed stir-fry veggie blend on the side & maybe a small baked sweet potato, if they haven’t all gone bad.
I got a bag of ‘em earlier this month for $3, & kept forgetting they existed. :doh:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Beer brats and sweet corn. How very upper Midwest of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomorrow I'll make leftover bratwurst pizza. It's fucking delicious.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Beer brats and sweet corn. How very upper Midwest of me.

- - - Updated - - -

Tomorrow I'll make leftover bratwurst pizza. It's fucking delicious.

I am quite far from the Midwest but plan to make just that tomorrow. Also, I grew the corn myself...but I'm afraid my fried picked it too soon.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Learned how to cure pork belly at school. Put it in some salt, chipotle powder and brown sugar. Then made some chorizo.

rav3n

So far today, a big hardy bowl of oatmeal for H's breakfast since he's skipping lunch today. It contained oats, raisins plumped up with white wine, cinnamon, brown cane sugar, 1/2 diced apple, butter, milk and a beaten egg.