• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Back in ye olden days I was a really impressive cook - [MENTION=19948]Showbread[/MENTION] and I would blog about it! - but nowadays I don't have time.

Most recent cooked things in my life were as follows:

1)
- Melt sharp cheddar cheese onto two English muffin halves in the toaster oven.
- Fry two eggs, over easy.
- Cook some frozen spinach on the stove.
- Put the spinach on top of the cheesy English muffin halves, then the eggs on top of that
- Season as desired.
= open-faced breakfast sandwich for when you're too hungry for one egg.

2)
- Make a peanut sauce from an online recipe.
- Cook a whole ton of Asian noodles.
- Cook down some kale on the stove til it's shiny green and tender.
- Mix kale with noodles and sauce.
- Realize the sauce is too bland - needs more salt and vinegar.
- Add copious amounts of storebought gyoza dipping sauce (basically just soy sauce and vinegar) to the noodles.
= peanut noodles for DAYS.

badatlife

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I'm lactose intolerant now, but back then I used to LOVE these two recipes for Mac and cheese. I could live off them for serious (it's my favorite food). Sorry no pictures right now, but they are really good. The first recipe is actually from Ratner's World Famous cookbook, which was written by the daughter of the original owner of Ratner's famous restaurant in New York. Closed now...

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Baked Macaroni and Cheese

Believe it or not, this was served at a temple dinner one Friday night. It was so good, I asked for the recipe. Low fat, it's not, but I have had some success using lower fat ingredients such as milk and sour cream, though I wouldn't bother with nonfat sour cream. I also use less cheddar than this recipe calls for...or I double everything except the sour cream and cheddar. Whatever works...it's the best version I've ever eaten.
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. flour
1-1/2 c. milk
1-1/2 c. sour cream
1 t. salt
1/2 T. pepper
10 oz. bar mild Cheddar cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook macaroni in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Pour into a 3-qt. casserole
In a saucepan, melt butter and stir in flour. Gradually stir in milk and sour cream. Add salt and pepper.
Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
Reserve 1 c. grated cheese for the top of the casserole. Toss macaroni with remaining cheese.
Pour sauce over macaroni and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with reserved cheese.
Bake for 1 hour, or until bubbly and brown.
Serve immediately.
Serves 6.

Macaroni and Cheese (Martha Stewart)

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
in keeping with healthy food choices for dinner i made us:

south western omelet with some sauteed onions and red bell peppers.
corn tortilla
pineapple salsa

bf is not worried about healthy living as thanks to his genetics he can eat like a fat man and his body goes "ah yes let's burn all of that and make muscles." so he added two pancakes, cheese, and some tequila.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
roasted “peruvian” chicken with this delicious sauce that was kinda chimichurri-ish
lemon poppyseed pound cake
cream cheese brownies!!!

rav3n

Scalloped potatoes are presently baking in the oven. Once they're done, chicken fingers are next. I've made a cucumber, tomato and avocado salad to go with the odd combination. And no, I'm not pregnant.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Guess
20190223_092700.jpg

rav3n

Made breakfast for dinner last night. A smoked salmon brunch casserole which included smoked gouda, dill, eggs, et al, with a side salad of jicama, avocado, tomato and cucumber.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Cookie dough made from almond flour & coconut oil Dark baking chocolate and sea salt. Will bake in the morning . It is setting in the fridge no nomnomnom

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Perfected beef stroganoff didn't use a recipe but figured out the quantities after. Here's what I did

.5lb sirloin beef strip sliced into very thin strips
1/4 c flour
3 tbs ghee/clarified butter (divided)
1/2 really large onion sliced
6oz sliced mushrooms
1 clove minced garlic
1 cup beef broth
2 dashes Worcestershire
Salt and pepper
3 heaping spoonfuls of sour cream
Fresh chopped parsley to your hearts desire

In a bowl put flour and season with salt and pepper. Dredge meat in flour and brown in 2tbs ghee remove meat set aside.
Add 1 tbs ghee and onions and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until mushrooms are softened and onions are slightly golden.
add garlic cook for 30 seconds.
,deglaze pan with beef broth, add beef back, and Worcestershire. Simmer until sauce is thickened. Turn off heat add sour cream and parsley. If too thick add water
Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I’ve discovered veggie noodles and my life will never be the same again.

All hail my new veggie overlords.

rav3n

Shepherd's pie but the mashed potatoes were replaced by scalloped potatoes and the beef mince, more like beef bourguinon. Topped it with smoked gouda.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I made my own almond milk via recipe with my Vitamix.

The flavor is fine but I filtered it several times and it’s still gritty as fuck.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Shrimp scampi once again wrote down what I ended up doing

Notes_190301_091629_ee4_1.jpg
the garlic got cooked longer than meant to because I couldn't get the wine up that's why I said to open it first

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
We're gonna do pizza on the grill, pesto, 3 cheese blend of asiago,pecorino,and parmasean, tomato, mushroom, Italian ham spinach, and fresh mozzarella,ricotta

rav3n

Shrimp scampi once again wrote down what I ended up doing

Notes_190301_091629_ee4_1.jpg
the garlic got cooked longer than meant to because I couldn't get the wine up that's why I said to open it first
Love scampi! If you want to kick it up another notch, add some cognac and if you're braver than I am, flambe it. As a coward when it comes to flambe, I let the alcohol cook off.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I made my own almond milk via recipe with my Vitamix.

The flavor is fine but I filtered it several times and it’s still gritty as fuck.

i have a vitamix too and have yet to venture into making my own nut milks. this isn't encouraging me lol. :/

rav3n

i have a vitamix too and have yet to venture into making my own nut milks. this isn't encouraging me lol. :/
Even the top rated almond milk brands which are considered 'smooth', have some residual grit. If you're sensitive to mouth feel, nut milks are likely not for you.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Even the top rated almond milk brands which are considered 'smooth', have some residual grit. If you're sensitive to mouth feel, nut milks are likely not for you.

I’ve never had grit in my store-brand almond milk. Nor in the ciffee shops I go to. I like.
And no, I’m not about to buy $8 “ organic” “ hand crafted” “ free range” crap.

I’m going to get some cheese cloth and try again.