• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't want to go out to eat tonight, because the roads are so busy this time of year, and I didn't want to go to a crowded grocery store for food either. So I found frozen kielbasa in my freezer, mushroom soup, an onion, marsala wine and fettuccine noodles. It needed garlic and pepper too. It turned out pretty good. I didn't follow the recipe, but it is similar to this - Pasta with Mushrooms and Kielbasa - COOKTORIA. It turned out pretty good. My husband really liked it.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a big fan of biscotti - it's a very dunkable cookie. I don't make them although I should because I love the Stella D'Oro Breakfast Treats.

I've seen those made on a baking show. Seems like a pain. I think the bread/cookie had to be baked twice or something. [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], that looks like you know what you're doing.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've seen those made on a baking show. Seems like a pain. I think the bread/cookie had to be baked twice or something. [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], that looks like you know what you're doing.
I do. The picture I linked was from online somewhere but the ones I made looked the same, and tasted good. I brought them to work and folks enjoyed them.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do. The picture I linked was from online somewhere but the ones I made looked the same, and tasted good. I brought them to work and folks enjoyed them.

Your co-workers are lucky. It's always so nice when someone brings in something you wouldn't want to have to make yourself and that's also good. Usually, it's dry flavorless banana bread, but every once in a while, it's something that's a real treat.

rav3n

It's still in the oven but turkey, stuffing, an asparagus dish, turnip and carrot dish and roasted sweet potatoes. The balance of dinner and dessert are being brought by guests. Merry Christmas TypoC! I do my dinner on Christmas Eve. :)

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's still in the oven but turkey, stuffing, an asparagus dish, turnip and carrot dish and roasted sweet potatoes. The balance of dinner and dessert are being brought by guests. Merry Christmas TypoC! I do my dinner on Christmas Eve. :)
Asparagus? That was my choice for green veggie at Christmas dinner as well.

rav3n

IMO, one of the best tasting veggies in existence AND it's loaded with nutritional goodness. Love to stir fry it, whether alone or with shitakes (ginger, garlic, soy), blackened or roasted. Steaming doesn't do it justice.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

Also mine...but for everyone else. I hate it.

last year I made it with a Dijon sauce. My aunt loved it and was surprised because she hates Dijon.

The past couple days I cooked nothing. Not a thing. It's been great. Spending the rest of the week making cookies though. I'm lucky my friends are combining Christmas/New years next week.So I have an extra few days to make their gifts.
Those nerds sure do love sugar.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Nothing today but last night I made " Not Hamburger helper" it's basically hamburger helper but with food.

It's something I put together for last minute things-like when my friends say they are going to bring dinner for our gaming sessions and then forget.

It is
-Hamburger
-Pasta
-Mushrooms
-Beef bullion ( I love that "Better than Bullion stuff)
-Red wine
-onion soup mix
-Sour cream

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing today but last night I made " Not Hamburger helper" it's basically hamburger helper but with food.

It's something I put together for last minute things-like when my friends say they are going to bring dinner for our gaming sessions and then forget.

It is
-Hamburger
-Pasta
-Mushrooms
-Beef bullion ( I love that "Better than Bullion stuff)
-Red wine
-onion soup mix
-Sour cream
We often do a thing I call "pasta and veggies" which can be thrown together fairly quickly, too. As the name suggests, it basically involves pasta and whatever veggies are handy, with chicken, sausage, shrimp, or tofu thrown in. Common combinations include eggplant, peppers, and tomatoes; or asparagus and carrots; or broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. With all but the first, I will make a white sauce that involves parmesan cheese, garlic, etc. There are always onions and mushrooms.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Homemade spaghetti sauce on GF pasta -- made with ground elk**, a can of diced tomatoes, chopped zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, assorted spices/herbs, a bit of brown sugar. [I like chunky spaghetti sauces]

**Hunted/killed / meat processed in fall of 2018! One of my good friends' husbands goes bow hunting and has usually gotten an elk each year that he started doing it, so I was excited when she offered me several pounds of various cuts.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
CWSKnBu.jpg

Yoghurt-berry-cupcakes :wubbie:

This is an italian recipe I wanted to try out for quite a while. Shrimps, mushrooms, eggs with a bit of olive oil, lots of garlic, oregano and spaghetti I made from scratch:

4y5HnvI.jpg

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Homemade cheeseburgers made with some garlic, with handmade patties spiced with white & black pepper, paprika and breadcrumbs for my younger sibling and my mother. Used cheddar for the cheese and warmed the buns for a while after cooking the patties. Did not add onions, tomatoes or lettuce.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good ol pasta. Grabbed some fish on sale.

I hate seafood.

Spaghetti 'bolognese' except the meat is seafood.

I hate seafood.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good ol pasta. Grabbed some fish on sale.

I hate seafood.

Spaghetti 'bolognese' except the meat is seafood.

I hate seafood.
Then why do you eat it?

I really enjoy it as long as it is fresh and properly cooked.