• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
a frozen cheese pizza... i added olives and pineaple (both from an artisinally opened can) because i'm a food artist... i'll prob win that america's top chef shit soon...

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Pumpkin alfredo.Wanted to make soemthing "Haloween-ey" and thought I could find a good recipe for some sort of squash-bashed pasta sauce. Then decided I didn't want to put in that much effort and pumpkin Alfredo...it's Alfredo with canned pumpkin mixed in. It was really good.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Turkey wings, herbs and vegetables roasting for gravy. Smells great.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Black bean pork chili, with added bella mushrooms. The ground up my own homegrown chilis for it. Turned out great.

Permabanned
9NXMhgM.png

7OQVYA

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
scallops with angel hair pasta in a lemon white wine caper sauce

it was supposed to have dijon mustard in it but i forgot :hippie:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Your brownies look awful. Looks dry and flavorless.

My husband's TMJ/jaw problems have been causing him problems. He only wants food that he doesn't have to chew at all, so a liquid diet. Yesterday I made him a milkshake. I like thick and creamy milkshakes myself, but not him. He likes Chick Fil a type milkshakes. Anyways, I figured out how to make something like that. I start off with crushed ice and milk in a blender and blend that really fine. Then I add little scoops of ice cream and stir it around. Then I blend it. And that's what he likes. I tried before just adding all that stuff in the blender at the same time but it does not blend well.

Today I'm thinking about making him homemade tomato soup from cans of diced tomatoes. I don't want to go to the store, so that's why I'm considering this. Not sure I'm going to do this though.

Permabanned
Your brownies look awful. Looks dry and flavorless.

My husband's TMJ/jaw problems have been causing him problems. He only wants food that he doesn't have to chew at all, so a liquid diet. Yesterday I made him a milkshake. I like thick and creamy milkshakes myself, but not him. He likes Chick Fil a type milkshakes. Anyways, I figured out how to make something like that. I start off with crushed ice and milk in a blender and blend that really fine. Then I add little scoops of ice cream and stir it around. Then I blend it. And that's what he likes. I tried before just adding all that stuff in the blender at the same time but it does not blend well.

Today I'm thinking about making him homemade tomato soup from cans of diced tomatoes. I don't want to go to the store, so that's why I'm considering this. Not sure I'm going to do this though.

I changed the recipe to about 1/10 butter and 1/3 sugar, 3/4 eggs from the original, because I can. Obviously you can't assess the awesome flavor from pixels! :ranting: :rolleyes:

My TMJ was acting out a little the other day, too, enjoy ur cooking chores :tongue10:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I changed the recipe to about 1/10 butter and 1/3 sugar, 3/4 eggs from the original, because I can. Obviously you can't assess the awesome flavor from pixels! :ranting: :rolleyes:

Deep down, you know you failed. You are a failure. Your brownie didn't taste good. If you admit this to yourself, you can move forward and decide that you either give up on baking or learn how to do it.

My TMJ was acting out a little the other day, too, enjoy ur cooking chores :tongue10:

Sorry to hear you are afflicted with tmj....And thanks!

rav3n

It's chateaubriand rolled in garlic and chives. It'll sit in the fridge tightly wrapped in plastic wrap until it's time to sear and then roast it. It's kept cold so when it's roasting, the middle remains rare.

attachment.php

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I changed the recipe to about 1/10 butter and 1/3 sugar, 3/4 eggs from the original, because I can.

Avocado is a good substitute for less healthy fats in baked goods.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Avocado is a good substitute for less healthy fats in baked goods.

Really? Does the flavor work well?

Too early to have made anything today but last night I tried crock-pot chili for the first time ever ( it isn't my favorite) everyone agreed it was the best they had.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really? Does the flavor work well?

When I've used avocado, it's been with chocolate, and no avocado flavor was noticeable at all.

But I know there are people who like the flavor in sweets, like avocado shakes. I've never had them, but I would definitely try them.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cranberry pistachio biscotti:

300x300_cranberry_pistachio_biscotti_recipe.jpg

I may have posted this before - I always make a few batches around the holidays.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Cranberry pistachio biscotti:

300x300_cranberry_pistachio_biscotti_recipe.jpg

I may have posted this before - I always make a few batches around the holidays.

I'm a big fan of biscotti - it's a very dunkable cookie. I don't make them although I should because I love the Stella D'Oro Breakfast Treats.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not my picture, but I made char siu

FullSizeRender-3.jpg