User Tag List

Page 125 of 227 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2265

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

MBTI
    ISFP

Lazy dinner: sprouted buckwheat and flax flatbread topped with raw tahini mixed with yellow miso, marinated spinach and onions (spinach, onions, olive oil, and lemon juice massaged together and left overnight), tomatoes, and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast and black pepper. Made a simple veggie stir fry for the boy as this was a little too "healthy tasting" for him out of cabbage, mushrooms, carrot, and peppers. He devoured it before I could take a photo. :P And no we didn't eat pie first . . . just finally uploading the photo from Sunday.

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

I made a fish pie. it's like a shepherds pie but instead of meat and gravy it's seafood and a cream sauce with dill topped with mashed potatoes and baked.
    by @magpie

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

the pork chops i made ended up being so tender that you didn't need a knife. but it was baked pork chops with cabbage. and i also made baked sweet potatoes i had mine with butter and brown sugar
    by @magpie

i did not make anything but im hoping to start making my own chipolte chili with what i have in my garden.

thinking chipolte lime chicken tamales.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

curiouser and curiouser Array bluestripes's Avatar
    MBTI
    Fi
    Enneagram

the simplest sort of solyanka: first made broth with one chicken leg/quarter, then added some cereal flakes (i think it was what we call "three-grain porridge mix" - crushed wheat, barley and oats) and seasoned it with two sliced pickled cucumbers. had fresh plain mozzarella for a side dish, which worked out just fine.
    "i love deadlines. i like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." (c) douglas adams

"there are only two ways to live your life. one is as though nothing is a miracle. the other is as though everything is a miracle." (c) albert einstein

"if only i could grow with my eyes - like these leaves - into the depth" (c) sergei esenin

"god is in the details" (c) proverb

I have a cheese and leek souffle in the oven. Let's hope it rises.

NPcomplete

I made a ricotta cheesecake for my dad and added strawberry jam swirls on top. It will be grandiose!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

I made a caprese-inspired salad, but put the tomatoes/basil/mozz in some chard from the garden along with roasted peppers and capers. It was pretty nom.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Didn't bother taking a picture but I roasted a chicken today using something different. A thrown together recipe that started with rubbing soy all over the chicken, then mixing rosemary, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and rubbing it all over the chicken. Then I sliced up an onion and minced garlic, putting most of the onion on the bottom of the pan and some of the onion and garlic inside the cavity, also embedding some of the garlic under the skin on the breast and against the thigh. Added a couple of cups of water into the bottom of the pan with the onions. Then put the chicken on a rack in the pan.

Turned out really good since the skin crisped up nice where with the liquid left in the bottom of the pan, made gravy and served with rice, stir-fried asparagas and corn.

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Today I made eggs scrambled in olive oil with fines herbs. It was accompanied by black eyed peas, hot buttered grits, and sourdough English muffin toasted, topped with butter and raw honey.

The other night I made salmon croquettes with homemade tartar sauce, turnip greens with apple cider vinegar, and macaroni and cheese (out of the box, I had to challenge myself to make it perfect and not runny, like the artist formally known as ISTP; I HAZ SUCCESS!!!11)

I want to make fried chicken later or tomorrow, but I should have thought of that when I still had money for groceries.

Apparently Im trying to get fat!
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma