• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made mango lassi last night. It was good, and I still have some left for tonight.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Free Range Farm Chicken marinade with peppers, thyme and lime.

And salad (garden rocket, Eruca sativa).

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Smashed potato salad from an America's Test Kitchen recipe. It tastes like potato salad. Don't add much salt; I don't think you need it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
a chicken
DkFu0OdU8AAt1ix.jpg
I'm probably gonna eat some for dinner again tonight it was delicious, i did cook it upside down but use the rest of the meat in a chicken pot pie

Elegiac

Wandering & Wondering
MBTI Type
INFP
Butterscotch pudding.

~~
I used to buy this really tasty tuna bake in high school from the canteen. It was made with pasta in a tomato sauce with cheese on top and some other ingredients. I decided to replicate it last night, however, I used rice instead and added some extra vegetables and flavour. Of course, I didn't use cheese because cheese and rice are a no-go.
Recipe:
Ingredients:
1 185g tin of tuna (in springwater or brine)
1 Cup of rice (whatever rice you like)
2 bay leaves
2 400g tins good quality italian diced tomatoes (whatever brand your country has) (with garlic and herbs if you can)
1 whole brown onion diced
Half of red or yellow capsicum diced (if its a small one cut the whole lot)
About 3 inches of zucchini, diced or sliced into small pieces (or whatever green vegetable you think suits the other ingredients)
Some mushrooms, preferably white button or field. If field slice 2, if button slice 5.
A handful of peas (& corn kernels if you wish) (frozen)
Fresh chillies (however hot you can handle it, but not overpowering the other ingredients. Slice them)
A good sprinkle of paprika
A tablespoon of garlic
Some salt & pepper
Bread crumbs
1 tblsp of Tomato sauce/ketchup

Method:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
Fill a medium saucepan a little over half way with water.
Bring the water to the boil on a stove, once boiling put a pinch of salt in and add the 1 cup of rice and 2 bay leaves.
Bring rice to the boil then gently boil until cooked. Most rice takes 12 minutes. Don't forget to stir the rice.
Once the rice is cooked (should be a bit soft, not too soft though. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water to remove startch.)
(I wrote this down because some of my Asian friends have never cooked rice this way.)
Cook the onions, capsicum, mushrooms and zucchini in a frying pan with olive oil until the onion turns translucent. Cook for a bit longer for the zucchini.
Once the vegetables are cooked put them into a baking tray with the rice. Get the tuna tin and drain the tuna, add with the rice etc. Also add all the other ingredients (tomatoes etc) then mix it around until you feel its mixed well. Break up the chunks of tuna a bit if you can.
Sprinkle bread crumbs on top until covered.
(Don't worry about the peas because they will cook when you put the mix in the oven.)

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. (If you don't want it to dry out, cover with alfoil, but then the last 5 minutes take the alfoil off to make the crumbs crispy.)

Enjoooyy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love it when a new recipe ends up being amazing. I did the lazy/poor mans version of a Seafood and Rice dish that's in an African-inspired cookbook that I've cooked many recipes from by this point (and have liked all but one of them).

The lazy/poor version of this one was omitting the bass, clams, and mussels, and trebling the amount of shrimp. And, it's rice, some olive oil, fresh ginger, garlic, shallots, chiles, coriander seeds, a bay leaf, chili powder, chicken stock, white wine, tomatoes, tomato paste, lime juice, and cilantro. It's delish.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Potato curry with spicy tomato gravy
Garlic Naan
Cucumbers in yogurt

rav3n

Making salmon (silver/coho), black bean and jalapeno right now. It'll be tossed with egg noodles with a side salad.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You know what I’m NOT making? Fucking tomatoe sauce!

But I will make soaghetti tonight. It has been a while.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My husband grilled steak.
It counts as cooking it myself if I made the marinade right?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Grilling is the best. It combines three of the best forces in nature. Meat, fire, and outside.