• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
last night i made a patty melt i cooked the onions in butter took them out cooked the beef in the onion butter stuff assenbled it and cooked the sandwhich in the grease and it was delicious

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Chicken Paprikash for Mother's Day. I would have done it Sunday, but I was sick then.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cajun Jambalaya Pasta

This turned out pretty well but the chicken made it juicy enough that I didn't need to add extra chicken broth to it. I did anyway and it made it just too watery. Also i overcooked the noodles so they didn't soak up the juice from the chicken broth as much. I'll probably make this again and do it different next time.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Gonna make angel hair pasta in butter garlic white wine sauce with kale tomatoes and prosciutto. And possibly some dried parsley for dinner tonight

Edit:we're gonna do it as a one pot pasta

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't cooked it yet, but I plan to do spaghetti. Usually I store the noodles and the pasta sauce in separate containers, but it doesn't get eaten well....My husband has to pull two containers out of the fridge and put his spaghetti together. It doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble, but he's an especially lazy INTP. So I'm going to mix it all together.

I have a purple onion and also a yellow onion. I want to use the yellow onion for my salsa, so I was wondering if it would be okay to add purple onion to tomato-based pasta sauce. I could just skip the onion. Not sure what to do.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't cooked it yet, but I plan to do spaghetti. Usually I store the noodles and the pasta sauce in separate containers, but it doesn't get eaten well....My husband has to pull two containers out of the fridge and put his spaghetti together. It doesn't seem like it would be that much trouble, but he's an especially lazy INTP. So I'm going to mix it all together.

I have a purple onion and also a yellow onion. I want to use the yellow onion for my salsa, so I was wondering if it would be okay to add purple onion to tomato-based pasta sauce. I could just skip the onion. Not sure what to do.

I'm looking online and most of the pasta sauce recipes that use purple onions also have other strange ingredients, like cilantro. Ewww. That doesn't go in spaghetti sauce.

rav3n

I'm looking online and most of the pasta sauce recipes that use purple onions also have other strange ingredients, like cilantro. Ewww. That doesn't go in spaghetti sauce.
As a guess, people are confusing cilantro for italian parsley. They're different in look and taste, even though they belong to the same family.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As a guess, people are confusing cilantro for italian parsley. They're different in look and taste, even though they belong to the same family.

I at first thought that the recipe poster was simply disgusting or a really bad person who wanted to ruin peoples' sauce and he's probably on his way to hell. It's nice to think that maybe he's just confused about pasta sauce and probably a lot of other things.

rav3n

I at first thought that the recipe poster was simply disgusting or a really bad person who wanted to ruin peoples' sauce and he's probably on his way to hell. It's nice to think that maybe he's just confused about pasta sauce and probably a lot of other things.
I hear you. The thought of cilantro in bolognese sauce grosses me out and I love cilantro when meshed with complementary flavors!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
The recipe for the one pot pasta is
6 cloves garlic (pressed)
1 stick butter
2 cups water
8oz pasta
2 big handfuls of chopped kale
1 tomato chopped
2-3 pieces of prosciutto torn into small pieces
1/4 c white wine
Pinch red pepper flakes
Parsley to taste doesn't need a lot
Salt and pepper

Saute garlic in butter
Add everything else bring to a boil cook for about 9 minutes uncovered until pasta is cooked and there's a thick sauce. This was my creation using th3 basic methods of one pot pasta.

You can add as much of anything you like if your gonna do more pasta its 1 cup of water for every 3 oz about. You can alwayd add more water.

rav3n

Made century old egg congee for my husband since he loves the stuff. He's such an oddball when it comes to food. What UK expat loves this disgusting food? I'm the Chinese one, not him. Unfortunately, I've completely lost my appetite from the smell and likely won't eat dinner tonight, lol.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fruity curd cheese pockets (A traditional austrian pastry)

I used apricots, sweetened with a thin layer of honey.

IMG_20180711_060525.jpg

Oatflakecookies with bananas, nuts, made a few of them with chocolate, the other ones without chocolate and honey instead.

IMG_20180711_210037.jpg

rav3n

Made these muffins today since H has been feeling baking deprived. I hate baking since it's so nit picky, needing to follow recipes. I hate following recipes, usually winging it when cooking.

Banana, blueberry, oatmeal and honey muffins.

attachment.php

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Russian honey cake

IMG_20180713_184447.jpg

Will taste it later :heart:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
We're gonna do a burrito casserole using cube steak and rojo sauce. In the steak there will be jalapenos, cumin, garlic, chili powder, hot sauce, garlic,onion and nolitos. Gonna layer it like a lasagna.with cheese on top of course

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I made oreo cheesecake this morning.
While I was at the gym my child texted my best friend,"Dude, Mom made oreo pie."

RIP my treat for the day.......