• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I made a shepherd's pie with a twist, instead of mashed potatoes on top i did biscuits. it was good but not as good as with mashed potatoes (mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods though)

for the filling
1lb ground lamb
1 large onion(chopped)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1 carrot sliced
2 handfuls mushrooms
1/2 tsp lamb broth concentrate
1/2 cup water minus 1 table spoon mixed in 1 tablespoon cornstarch
worschestire sauce
kitchen bouquet
thyme
rosemary
salt and pepper

meant to add about a tablespoon of tomato paste but forgot to it was still excellent picture to come soon it's half eaten though.

lCzwjKo.jpg

we also put the leftover mashed potatoes in with it, we had mashed potatoes monday night so those were leftover from that.

LOVE mashed potatoes ( shepards pie is great too)

When I was little mashed potatoes and Mexican food were all I would eat.

As for myself; I got the crazy idea to use quinoa as a healthy alternative for breading.
I used it on parmesian chicken and I can sincerely say that Magiono’s can suck it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
LOVE mashed potatoes ( shepards pie is great too)

When I was little mashed potatoes and Mexican food were all I would eat.

As for myself; I got the crazy idea to use quinoa as a healthy alternative for breading.
I used it on parmesian chicken and I can sincerely say that Magiono’s can suck it.

mashed potatoes are the best. i make good ones i put some chicken bouillon in the water the potatoes boil in and to mash them i add half and half ,butter (lots) and salt and pepper. I don't use ton of butter in everything but i believe mashed potatoes are better with butter in them.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A big pot of Scotch broth with huge chunks of tatties, and cabbage.

Oatcakes.

With age I am becoming a Food Fascist. I'm tired of BBC recipes that I can't even pronounce, full of ingredients I've never heard of.

Blood, Soil and Skirlie. If it was good enough for my forebears it's good enough for me.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Today I made chicken curry in the slow-cooker.

Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- diced green onions (was out of regular onions)
- traditional curry spices, like curry powder, cayenne powder, turmeric, salt, garlic powder because I love garlic, plus onion powder to compensate for my lack of onions, and a small bit of sugar
- cubed sweet potato
- quartered baby portobello mushrooms
- frozen peas

I added spinach at the end because I needed to use it, and lime juice and cilantro, and served with cilantro lime jasmine rice.
I always feel really good about myself after I eat something with that many healthy ingredients.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yesterday: Chicken breast marinated in pesto alla Genovese and on the side steamed veggies with a bit of herb-flavoured butter and some homebaked slices of bread. ;)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Made Sloppy Joes from Valerie Bertinelli's new cookbook. It's been decades since I had sloppy joes so I'm not sure how they're supposed to taste. It turned out very good; I was worried because it looked nothing like the photo in the book the first two hours (the chunks of veggies and peppers had not melted into the beef), but by the end of the 4th hour, it magically transformed into sloppy joes.

It tastes like a chili recipe; it's a bit more acidic than I'd like and the cumin flavor and smell overpowers the other ingredients, but I had this without the buns so maybe that was the problem. Still very good.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
first time making chicken enchiladas it said to use a fine mesh strainer which i didn't have so i didn't extract enough sauce

DUFljoVU0AA2ibV.jpg

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Made two trays of this to take to my father for his birthday, I didn’t taste it but I’m sure it is yummy :D

It’s layers of Oreos, cheese cake, and chocolate pudding

65bddbb28f6ee844403764696adcef31.jpg

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I actually had no motivation to cook at all, so I made whole-wheat noodles and put some Ajvar over it. Surprise, it was actually enjoyable.

rav3n

This wasn't today but it was the most recent dish that I bothered to snap a pic of. Cilantro-lime ivory king salmon on a bed of stir-fried napa cabbage.

attachment.php

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
20180213_125645.jpg
i'm making black bean soup the green floating things are leeks. i just got to the point where i can just let it simmer

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
29313234_10102476055347517_2328478135403675648_n.jpg
peanutbutter curry it called for can but i used dried lentils also never heard of curry having lentils in it either, but it tastes good i had to double the amount of liquid because of the dried lentils. it's like a cross between a curry and an african stew

rav3n

Right now, gently simmering a red wine beef stew with plenty of garlic. We'll be lucky if it ever gets done since hubby keeps lifting the lid to 'check the quality', even though I'm the cook, lol.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Made Jacque Pepin's Spaghetti Bolognese. Ralphs didn't have Roma tomatoes but the sauce still turned out delicious. I did add about 3 tablespoons of maple sugar because I thought the sauce was a bit too sour or acidic. I'll be having spaghetti all week long. :)

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
View attachment 19849

French Pizza: Polenta, mushrooms, red paprika, zucchini, paprikapaste and gouda, provencal herbs.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not baking or cooking exactly, but I set up two quarts of cranberry orange vodka. Will post a photo if I have a chance.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Pork chops with apples and onions (not pictured) and daphnoise potatoes which didnt fit into one dish
20180422_182903.jpg