• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Permabanned

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
i've been having borsch for the past 4 days and i still have some cabbage and beetroot left.

please help

my entire being is pretty much comprised of gaseous substances

Kas

Fabula rasa
i've been having borsch for the past 4 days and i still have some cabbage and beetroot left.

please help

my entire being is pretty much comprised of gaseous substances

There are not many things as tasty as sandwich with boiled beetroot, canned peaches and sauce made of honey and mustard.
I assure (!)

Caoimhin

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w1
One thing I absolutely love, and that I made recently is a Mexican Soup with Crustini. I've adjusted
Gordon Ramsay's recipe a bit and I must say that I prefer it this way.

Ingredients for the interested people:

• Finely chopped red onion
  • Chipotle Morita
  • Garlic
  • Oregano
  • Cumin
  • Corn oil
  • Tomato puree
  • Canned chopped tomatoes
  • Cooked kidney beans
  • Chicken stock
  • Mushrooms (Optional)
  • Stale baguette (pan fried) <- Crustini
  • Cheese
  • Avocado (I rarely use this unless I use 2 Chipotle Morita)

Make sure to use plenty of oil after the first 5 ingredients has hit the pan.
This increases the heat of the Chipotle morita. I typically have 1-2 chipotles
in it, and I make sure to add plenty of chicken stock and then reduce it until
it isn't runny anymore.

Enjoy. :)

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm becoming a housewife stereotype :D and I actually enjoy cooking for a reason I do not understand. Probably my low and starving Si gets finally fed by this chore.

Today it was: Chicken breasts cooked in mushroom sauce with brown basmati rice.
  • chicken breasts
  • black papper
  • salt
  • sliced mushroom
  • curry powder
  • soy sauce
  • water
  • olive oil
  • onion
Mix together, boil and add chicken breasts.
I also cooked the rice on olive oil and onion.

Permabanned
butter toasted cheeze smoked turkay ham omelette with spinach filling and dry fruts & nuts assortment. it was delish. (those lucky enuf 2 try kno et)

& artisan bred & choklit cofeh)

Zoom

Self sustaining supernova
Enneagram
9w8
Thick, wheat based sourdough toast with fromage blanc, apricot jam, & a bit of sea salt. Poached eggs with cilantro, pepper, sea salt, & Lebanese 7 spice on top, as well. A macchiato. :coffee:

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This! Salmon with vegetable and cream salad, french fries.

17203867_646613235536488_478602210_n.jpg

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Making mashed potatos in the slow cooker - about 90 minutes to go. I don't have a ricer or masher so I'll try mashing it with a wooden spoon.

Update: bad idea. It came out very dry, even after I added way more half-and-half than was called for.

Last edited:

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Oh, that thread is basically made for me.

Paprika-Rahm-Geschnetzeltes - Rezept - ichkoche.at ~ Paprika-creeme-cheese and chicken. Had it with rice.
This was the basic recipe for my dinner tonight but I had some nice vegetable paste (paprika, carrots, onions and seven different spices, a bit olive oil and sour cream) left and added that to the meat.

Dessert:
Then I mixed 70 g cream of wheat with 30 g of desiccated coconut, another 30 grams of agavensyrup, cooked 100 ml of normal milk and then mixed it all together with another 100 ml of coconut milk, just so it gets a bit more coconuttied-flavoured (okay, I made this word up, had to use it, since it sounds so funny) and then topped it with a few slices of banana (and cinnamon!). My god, this was so good.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
dutch apple pie
OD0SCEn.jpg
few things i learned about 1960's recipes use a crust recipe from today because stuff changes, my mom made the crust and she threw the first one out and then did what she knew. fruit was smaller back then, and i think my mom's oven is dying. but it is cooked and took twice as long and had to bake it at a higher temperature.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Making mashed potatos in the slow cooker - about 90 minutes to go. I don't have a ricer or masher so I'll try mashing it with a wooden spoon.

Update: bad idea. It came out very dry, even after I added way more half-and-half than was called for.

next time hand mixer.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
yeah a fork would work but if i don't have a masher i use a mixer for thanksgiving i use my mom's kitchen aid

But then it'll become a bit dry, like you've already realized. So if you must use a mixer, use a bit of milk and butter, so it doesn't become dry.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
But then it'll become a bit dry, like you've already realized. So if you must use a mixer, use a bit of milk and butter, so it doesn't become dry.

you always use milk and butter in mashed potatoes. well heavy cream and butter. but i've been using a mixer for years i know how to make good mashed potatoes using it

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
you always use milk and butter in mashed potatoes. well heavy cream and butter. but i've been using a mixer for years i know how to make good mashed potatoes using it

Alright. I was just trying to help cause you said it became very dry. And I couldn't really believe this was because you mashed it with a wooden spoon, rather because you didn't use milk and butter. You understand?