• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
thai curry chicken soup it said to use red curry but paste all they had was green was so that was what i used
KVJyo7N.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Coconut Poached Sea Bass

Ingredients:

Instructions:

----

This seriously sounds like it's all over the place, cuisine wise! But it works! My boyfriend was like, uhhh. I don't know about all that when I told him I had this in my head for years and never tried it.

After he had the fish, he said it was the best piece of fish he had ever eaten. So...there's that. He also dislikes coriander and tomato with fish and he ate everything. So flavors work together. Proceed at your own risk ;)

I just sent that recipe to my mom, she's always looking for good fish recipes plus that looks really good

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Thanks. That Thai curry soup up there looks amazing. Did you post the recipe and I missed it?
No sorry its from a cookbook I just got but its amazing and makes a ton. I got it because most of the recipes have a new mexican flare. And i didn't have anything like that

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Used a large sweet potato for the cream cheese pumpkin bread recipe and left out the sugar entirely. It's in the oven now; hope this works.

Will edit later for the update.

Update: It kind of works. It's bland; the sweetness of the sweet potato isn't really enough but it's not gooey. It is dense though; I'm not sure if the baking powder is working properly. I like it.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Used a large sweet potato for the cream cheese pumpkin bread recipe and left out the sugar entirely. It's in the oven now; hope this works.

Will edit later for the update.

You left out the sugar?! How are you still alive doing idiotic nonsense like that! ( Kidding.) I leave out sugar whenever possible.
Anyway, if the sugar was part of the dry ingredients for the bread part it will probably turn out too gooey. If it is part of a cream cheese filling, your golden....but you probably know that:Baking 085.

I made corned beef Hash; potatoes, onions and peppers with aan over-easy fried egg on top. So fucking good.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had an old Italian cookbook from the 70's. The recipe called for Panchetta, but I wanted to lessen the fat/salt content.

Ingredients:

Zucchini
Prosciutto
Mint
Basil
Parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
S & P
1tbl butter
1 egg yolk

Home-made pasta!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Carrot apple bread. It smelled amazing, but I guess it was too moist, or too dense, because even though it was perfectly cooked on top, it was soggy and undercooked on the bottom. Will probably end up chopping off the entire bottom of the loaf tomorrow.

:sadbanana:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Carrot apple bread. It smelled amazing, but I guess it was too moist, or too dense, because even though it was perfectly cooked on top, it was soggy and undercooked on the bottom. Will probably end up chopping off the entire bottom of the loaf tomorrow.

:sadbanana:

That would taste great crumbled on some plain greek yogurt. Maybe a drizzle of honey. Breakfast/dessert option :yes:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
My dumplings melted all together (apparently you gotta grease them)

So I made the world's ugliest scallion pancake (with bonus meat)

:doh:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mac n' cheese. I have simple tastes.

It was a fail for me too. I didn't use a crockpot though. I tried to rice it in a blender and then thought since it looked like mashed potatoes, maybe it could be.

I feel your pain. I have tried to do this twice. Once it came out terrible!! Then I did it again following this recipe as a "fried rice" cheat and it was really good!

1/3 cup canola oil
3 TBL fresh ginger
3 TBL minced garlic
1 cup chopped cilantro
2 fresh hot red chilis ( I used half of a de-seeded jalapeño)
3 TBL soy sauce
2 TBL fresh lime juice
Salt

How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice | Food & Wine

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Got a programmable 6 qt slow cooker. Making some BBQ Ribs from a Pillsbury recipe, but I'm using a "Steakhouse Marinade" I found on the net. I should be able to get the ribs in the cooker by around 6 pm and they'll be done at 2:00 am. Doh!

Update: Ribs were very dry. The recipe called for 1/2 cup of Cola and 8 hours on low. I think my cooker's low setting might be higher than ideal. Will adjust next time.

Last edited: