• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I translate it literally it means "Greasy sweet" I made it in a form of bites, while it is usually surved in a big plate and the person would cut a piece of it as a serving, more like cutting a cake..
The ingredients are: suger, flour, butter (I used coconut oil), grounded cardamom, rose water, shredded lemon peels, coconut flour, saffron.. The recipe is quite simple, if you're interested I would write the recipe and preparation for you :)

Sounds Persian ... and delicious, so yes please. :)

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] Alright here's the recipe:
6 cups of sugar
6 cups of all purpose flour
2 cups of butter (I used coconut oil)
2 cups of milk (I forgot to mention milk when I told you about the ingredients, sorry about that :blush:)
* The below ingredients are your personal preference measures, you don't need to apply the exact measures as I wrote it:
2/3 cup of grounded cardamom
1/2 cup of rose water
2/3 shredded lemon peels
A pinch of saffron
A cup of coconut flour
A little bit of sunflower or corn oil

Preparation:
*Bring two bowls and measure the 6 cups sugar in one of them, and then the 6 cups flour on the other..
*Measure the cardamom+lemon shredded peels+saffron and add them to the flour bowl and mix them together..
*In a big pot, measure milk+butter then start heating and stirring until it is well blended.
*pre-heat the oven on a medium heat..
*Add sugar to the pot then the rose water and continue stirring until the sugar is completely melted..
*Add the flour mixture to the pot and never stop stirring, just continue doing it until you feel the texture is heavy and well blended, more like a cake texture, once it is, turn off the heat and lift it off the heat..
*Bring a medium size baking tray and spread some corn oil on it then spread the coconut flour all over it..
*Pour the mixture evenly into the baking tray, try to be careful with that.
*Turn the heat of the oven into low to medium heat and place the tray inside it, let it bake for about an hour, or you can make a little test of it by inserting a knife every once in a while until you see that the texture is consistent and nothing is sticking on that knife, that's when you turn off the oven and get it out.
*Let it cool for about another hour, then turn it upside down, and insert it in the fridge..
*Once it's cold, you can bring a knife and start cutting :D

Mine looks a little different because I put it less than an hour in the oven because I have such a bad oven, I was afraid it's gonna burn, and I didn't turn it upside down, but my family still liked it ^_^ or they could be pretending :unsure: I like it that's all that matters lol

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
My husband asked me to make him lunch before I left for the day.

I didn't have anything per-made, quick, or easy so I had to throw something together off the top of my head:

I started with some chicken breasts, red pepper, onion and garlic thinking I'd just add some soy sauce and make a stir fry.

In the end it was a creme sauce with the afore mentioned vegetables plus some tomatoes, spinach and lemon zest. It needed something; tomato paste but I was out.
I found a can of V8 and added maybe a half of a teaspoon and ( I don't know I never measure) and it was perfect.

In the rare times when I find myself doubting my "N" I think back to everything I've ever cooked.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've had some Indian mithais before, they're delicious! It contains ghee which I assume what gives it that unique taste, and I've noticed some of them look like those we have in my home country with a slightly different taste and different name as well :)
We usually do these with butter, but I did it with coconut oil and it actually tasted good, I also added some cardamon and rose water..
Oh that's a good progress congratulations! Do you usually have the rotis with the moong dal soup? I love yellow lentil soup :D
My favorite Indian bread is paratha, some Indian shops here make delicious sandwiches with it, my ESTP friend used to constantly go to these places and get some :)

Ah, good call with the coconut oil :hifive: we consider that a healthy alternative to most other cooking oils actually, plus it has some good non-cooking uses as well (for example, I use coconut oil sometimes to soften my hands during the winter season). I'm also curious to know, what is your home country? :D

Yeah, rotis go very well with lentil soups :) and yellow moong dal is one of my favorites! Parathas are yummy too :D there's a wide variety of them out there too! Sadly they're not good for me healthwise, due to the high amount of ghee used and all. :(

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a winter vegetable soup on the stove right now that smells so good I can't wait to eat it but I'm a dummy and absentmindedly added the tomato paste at the beginning and now the vegetables are taking forever to cook, SIGH.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Toasted english muffins for daysss:

Brunch: a toasted english muffin with peach preserves on one side and peanut butter on the other

Snack: a toasted english muffin with boysenberry jam on both sides

Dinner: a toasted english muffin open faced sandwich with sauteed beet greens, bacon, and fried eggs. All ingredients sans bread cooked in bacon grease, obvs.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
More soup. Today was broccoli cheddar day. January is soup time.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
The most amazingly banal, chicken pot pie.

I mean, it was better than the "soup" that I made it from-used way too much chicken, it absorbed all the water and became stew. After bring in the fridge for a day it was, well, pie filling. So Iwent with it. Not bad, just...super average.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Grapefruit Cucumber Salad

Ingredients:

Recipe:

Stir. Enjoy then or chill for 30 minutes for flavors to marry. Serves 5 (as a side or lite snack.)

Nutrition:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Coconut Poached Sea Bass

Ingredients:

Instructions:

----

This seriously sounds like it's all over the place, cuisine wise! But it works! My boyfriend was like, uhhh. I don't know about all that when I told him I had this in my head for years and never tried it.

After he had the fish, he said it was the best piece of fish he had ever eaten. So...there's that. He also dislikes coriander and tomato with fish and he ate everything. So flavors work together. Proceed at your own risk ;)

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
popcorn using coconut oil and i highly reccomend it. i think that's what i'm gonna use for now on unless i make the bacon bleu cheese popcorn in which i use bacon grease.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Eating a slice of roast cauliflower and brussel sprouts with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese galette than the gf and I baked a couple nights ago. On a whim she made up some fennel salt to put on it, and I brightened the filling up with lemon juice--so good.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
16650546_10101890521202637_1579482341_n.jpg
the only bran muffins i like i put banana and pecans in them my mom usually does craisins and pecans but with the banana they tastes exactly like banana nut bread.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hopefully(?) I'm making stuffed squash tonight.

Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe - Chowhound

Modifications:
- Adding sweet apple sausage from Trader Joe's because sausage is delicious and also because protein
- Substituting dried thyme for fresh
- Subtracting cranberries because I'm not in the mood

May post pics if it turns out well.

- - - Updated - - -

16650546_10101890521202637_1579482341_n.jpg
the only bran muffins i like i put banana and pecans in them my mom usually does craisins and pecans but with the banana they tastes exactly like banana nut bread.
Recipe plz? This sounds amazing.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Hopefully(?) I'm making stuffed squash tonight.

Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe - Chowhound

Modifications:
- Adding sweet apple sausage from Trader Joe's because sausage is delicious and also because protein
- Substituting dried thyme for fresh
- Subtracting cranberries because I'm not in the mood

May post pics if it turns out well.

- - - Updated - - -

Recipe plz? This sounds amazing.

i'd have to email it, because it's in pdf from a cook book. ie it's not online (I looked)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Well, yesterday, too busy to post then.

Had a Dr appointment at 1 a 2 hr MMO raid at 5 and a friend coming over at 7 really had to improvise.

Put a beef roast in the crock pot with a mushrooms and onions before I left for my appointment. Was not entirely sure what I would do with it.

Did some errands on the way home, ( included picking up egg noodles) got back at 4.

Took out all of the broth from the roast, added red wine sour creme and some bullion. Cut up roast, added to sauce let simmer on low until friend showed up. Served with egg noodles.
Turned out to be the best option for the time I had.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some vietnamese rice paper rolls with vermicelli, cilantro, carrots, basil and shrimp, for the office potluck.

0NirU5b.jpg