• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION]

Thanks for reminding me of this thread.

Last night I made pumpkin rolls. I only put in half the amount of sugar the recipe called before-because sugar is gross-and they turned out great.

I brought them to the art studio potlock. I was the only person to make something. -_-

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION]

Thanks for reminding me of this thread.

Last night I made pumpkin rolls. I only put in half the amount of sugar the recipe called before-because sugar is gross-and they turned out great.

I brought them to the art studio potlock. I was the only person to make something. -_-

Yeah who cares about all that molecular interaction that makes baked goods edible.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Yeah who cares about all that molecular interaction that makes baked goods edible.

Do you only read my posts because you want something to bitch about? Because that's all you have done since I joined. Just ignore me if everything I say offends you that much.

I know how to bake. I've been doing it since I was little. I added half the sugar to the creamcheese filling which has no impact on the molecular structure of the cake.

And, as I stated it turned out great.
Of course, I could have been lying...if I gave a single shit about what some cynical nerds just looking for an argument on the other side of a glowing box think of me.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Not best photo, but it's my favourite cake recently, damp and very chocolate. Originally it's suppose to be with apples and rum. But variation with pears and orange juice is good...

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was my first biscuit attempt. I didn't use sugar or yeast. Basic of the basic. I have since fattened up my biscuits with the good good.

But chicken sausage, shrimp, Old Bay gravy. It was delicious.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
yesterday i made a white peppermint cake. I'm taking it to my aunts and not gonna make the icing until i'm there but you make a white chocolate custard then whip it into a butter cream, then put crushed candy canes on it. it's really good i made it last christmas as well but when it's assembled it's too big for a cake box and it has to stay refrigerated because of the frosting.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This was my first biscuit attempt. I didn't use sugar or yeast. Basic of the basic. I have since fattened up my biscuits with the good good.

But chicken sausage, shrimp, Old Bay gravy. It was delicious.

Mmm that looks neat!

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Half-boiled eggs, Red Label tea, toast, rice, Ramen noodles, and roasted peanuts :D

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Ha! Didn't realize till now that this looked like a face :shock:

Lately, I've been making French Toast every weekend. I fry it in coconut oil. So far my fave way to have it is: mix a bit of candied ginger and maple syrup into butter. Pat it into square or log in saran wrap and put back in fridge. It's so good melting against the warm toast!!

French%20Toast_zpsynu7spqt.jpg

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
I only microwaved left-overs today because from Mon-ladt night I had not stopped cooking.

I'm very proud that dinner last night seemed to please my super old fashioned, health-nut, hallmark-Christmas having family:

Mustard Crusted lamb roast
Rosemary/garlic roasted baby red potatoes
Brochette and Hot Krab artichoke dip
Asparagus w/dijon cream sauce
Home-made pumpkin pie-the toughness of the crust was the joke of the evening but I didn't take it personally. They said it was still delicious and ate the crust and filling as separate pieces.

My Grandmother also brought a pie which lead to an amusing conversation:
Me: Did you make that?
Nan (She's Bri'ish) *Looks offended* Of course I did!
Aunt: No she didn't!
Nan: I did too! I took it out of the box and I put it in the oven!

Everything was great.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried to make cauliflower mashed "potatoes" in my crockpot but it was too disgusting to eat. :(

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mac n' cheese. I have simple tastes.

I tried to make cauliflower mashed "potatoes" in my crockpot but it was too disgusting to eat. :(

It was a fail for me too. I didn't use a crockpot though. I tried to rice it in a blender and then thought since it looked like mashed potatoes, maybe it could be.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pesto pasta and roasted brussels sprouts.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What, no pictures? Be sure to bring enough for the rest of the class as well. :)
I'm terrible at taking food photos. Just assume, in your mind's eye, that it was a beautiful meal. Because it was!

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Mac n' cheese. I have simple tastes.

It was a fail for me too. I didn't use a crockpot though. I tried to rice it in a blender and then thought since it looked like mashed potatoes, maybe it could be.

Do you have a stick blender? I think it'd be perfect for something like that.