User Tag List

Page 111 of 227 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2265

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

Brown rice w/ carrot and peas and pre-poached baked salmon along with lettuce and tomato salad, and rustic bread and pineapple juice.

Secret seasoning
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

Roast night. Roast chicken stuffed with a lot of onions and garlic. High heat oven so that the skin will be very crispy and I can eat it all to myself good. Roasted cauliflower, heavy on the olive oil and kosher salt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Chicken with mole poblano, rice, improvised homemade flatbread and a simple salad with ceasar's dressing on the side.

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISFP

RAW tacos. Sprouted sunflower seed "beans" and cashew sour cream served with pumpkin Mexican "rice".

Recipes:

Pumpkin Mexican "Rice"

2 cups chopped kabocha pumpkin (You can use butternut if kabocha is difficult to get)
    1/2 cup finely diced sweet onion (the onions I get are like sugar so you may want to decrease this amount if what you are using is spicier. I like seeing the bits of onion in the rice which is why I prefer hand dicing and stirring them in)
    A small handful of sun-dried tomatoes which have been rehydrated and sliced into 1/4" wide slivers
    1/4 cup of roughly chopped celery
    2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
    1 clove garlic
    A small handful of fresh parsley
    1 green onion chopped (going into processor so it doesn't need to be finely chopped)
    Sea salt, paprika, oregano, and cumin powder to taste

First process in a food processor the pumpkin, garlic clove, celery, and green onion until half-way to rice consistency. Add parsley and process until rice-like consistency. Transfer to a bowl and mix in the olive oil, onions, sun-dried tomato, and seasoning. Taste best if allowed to marinate together 24 hours. The pumpkin and onions soften up and the flavors meld which rounds the dish out - similar to the way cooking marries flavors.

Cashew Sour Cream

1 cup soaked cashews, drained
    2 teaspoons lemon juice (add more or less depending on how tart you like your sour cream.)
    A little under 1/4 cup water
    Sea salt to taste

Blend until smooth.

Tips:

Soak cashews in water 6-8 hours. The length of soak time is dependent on the size and hardness of cashews. You want the soaked cashew to have very little resistance when bitten into but not watered logged to the point the exterior has begun to disintegrate. Drain and rinse the cashews.

Depending on the quality of your blender you may need more liquid to get the cashews moving. I typically add 1/4 cup liquid to every 1 cup of soaked cashews.

I posted a sour cream recipe a while back that calls for fermenting the cashews. Either recipe will work.

Salsa

1 cup diced tomatoes (I used cherry and grape which I sliced into thirds)
    1/4 cup diced red onion
    1 sliced green onion
    1 small handful of cilantro chopped
    1 garlic clove minced
    1 tbsp lime juice (Add more of less depending on how sour you want it. Taste your lemons and limes prior to use! Tartness can vary quite a bit between individual fruits even of the same species.)
    Sea salt to taste

Mix all ingredients. Best if left 24 hours but very good fresh as well. Can be kept for at least a week in the fridge.

Sprouted Sunflower Seed "Beans"

1 cup (pre-sprout volume) hulled sunflower seeds (good instructions)
    A small handful of sun-dried tomatoes rehydrated in water and drained, roughly chopped
    A good handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
    1 green onion, roughly chopped
    Jalapeno to your liking (I like spicy food so I add 1 tbsp of finely diced jalapeno)
    2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    1 scant tbsp lemon juice
    2-3 tsp of ancho chili powder (smoked, dried poblano powder - gives the "beans" a smoky depth of flavor)
    Sea salt to taste
    Powdered cumin to taste (really recommend trying to grind your own cumin from seeds as the difference in flavor is immense. I think a lot of flavor nuances get lost as a ground spice sits on the shelf. Electronic coffee grinder works well. Just know that once you've used it for spices it really isn't suitable for grinding coffee anymore (unless you like the taste of cumin coffee!))

Throw everything into food processor and grind until refried bean texture is reached.
    Last edited by Pinker85; 01-29-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Enneagram
    7 so

I made some brownies...They taste like nothing. Literally. For some ungodly reason my brownies have the taste equivalent to water. They are not bad. They are not good. They are like some sort of terrible neutral flavor. I'm a bad baker.

On the upside. Making some steak. I'm better at that.
    Glance into the world just as though time were gone: and everything crooked will become straight to you.

MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

chocolate waffles with cherries on top... and turkey sausage on the side... sunday morning breakfast!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFj

And today I made.. a sandwich!

I do not like the human race. I don’t like their heads. I don’t like their faces. I don’t like their feet. I don’t like their conversations. I don’t like their hairdos. I don’t like their automobiles. I don’t like their dogs or their cats or their roses.
    — Charles Bukowski

figsfiggyfigs

I've been making this every morning for the past week. it's a bunch of fruits, roasted pine nuts, on Greek yogurt with honey drizzled on top.

A bunch of junk for our little Super Bowl shindig...my stomach hurts now .

Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Super Bowl snack...homemade soft pretzels!

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari