User Tag List

Page 108 of 227 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2265

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Homemade Toffee!

So simple. Melt 1c butter. Add 1c sugar, 1/4 c water, 1/2 tsp salt. Keep stirring and bring to 300 degrees F (hard crack stage). Pour into 9x13 pyrex pan. Let it cool. Break it and dip in melted chocolate on both sides. I think it would be good with nuts sprinkled as well... walnuts or almonds. Didn't have any though.
    Brown sugar or white sugar? (or other?)

I suppose a candy thermometer is essential, or can you cheat? How hard does it come out at that temperature? chewy or completely brittle, or somewhere in between?
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I found out 15min past 4 that markets close 4pm today, so couldnt go buy any food. So i decided to make food out of what i could find from home and ended up with full grain pasta with a sauce like this:

3 small onions and 3 garlic(nails? or what are they called) sliced on pan with some butter, after onions started to get soft added some soy sauce, pesto, ketchup made from sun dried tomatoes, black pepper, paprika powder, oregano and heated them for a while before adding bit more garlic and some cheese spread.

Then mixed with the spaghetti and some emmental cheese.

Was delicious
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I took the picture with my phone, so it's not very sharp unfortunately, but it was really tasty. Roasted Chicken A'la Orange. Made it with the boyfriend yesterday for Christmas dinner.

It was stuffed with garlic, onions, parsley, butter, and orange slices.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Not really cooking, but I introduced my Southern German boyfriend to a typical Northern German dinner last night:

No, they are not maggots, damn it, they are delicious North Sea shrimps (Crangon crangon , mainly taste like sea water, to be honest, but I looooovve that stuff) on fresh crispy rye bread !!!

Add to that: fried egg, some pickles and some Jever or Becks beer ... *drools*

Tonights it's a nice simple soup made from red lentils and chicken broth.
    Suuuuuure. "Shrimp". That's what they always say.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Brown sugar or white sugar? (or other?)

I suppose a candy thermometer is essential, or can you cheat? How hard does it come out at that temperature? chewy or completely brittle, or somewhere in between?
    I used white, but brown could probably work too and be tasty. Not sure, though, bc candy making is more of a science. There are ways to test which state the sugar is in. You put a tiny bit into cold water and see what it's like... that's where the names come from, soft ball, hard ball, hard crack, etc. I think the thermometer is more reliable though.

The toffee comes out nice and crunchy with a little bit of tackiness... sticks to your molars and dissolves slowly. Mmmm...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I forget if I've posted it or not, but I've been super into brussels sprouts lately. My favorite way, slice in half and put in glass baking dish, sliced side up. Top with little pats of butter and sprinkle with salt, pepper, cooking sherry. Roast at 350 or so until tender (it takes a long time maybe like half hour or something). They are soooooo amazing roasted. Also nice and tasty with just olive oil and S&P.

I have a recipe with hazelnuts that I'd like to try at some point... when I remember to get hazelnuts at the store.

For friend gifts for the holidays, I made treats: pistachio almond macaroons and candied orange slices. The macaroons are great, fairly easy, and a hit. The orange slices were more of a long-term project. Blanch (sp?) them and then bathe them in a sugar syrup bath for 2-3 weeks, increasing the concentration at certain points, remove, let them drain/dry 1-2 and roll them in granulated sugar (and dip in melted chocolate if you like!). They were tasty, but I am not convinced they were worth the effort.

Hm. I guess I've been in a cooking mood lately. Yesterday I had some friends over and made this creamy mushroom soup with paprika served with rye bread and... roasted brussels sprouts of course!

Would have been more nutritious with homemade rye with whole wheat but I couldn't find the recipe. Ah well.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so

Gonna see if I can assert some cordon bleu this evening against my vegetables eating gf

Bad Santa
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

hey ma! got a tatoo Array prplchknz's Avatar
    MBTI
    yupp

spaghetti carbanara forgot to take pics all gone delicious
    by @magpie