User Tag List

Page 100 of 227 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2265

Thread: What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)

  1. #991

    Default

    Deviled eggs!


    (not my picture)
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  2. #992
    Mr. Blue Array entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    15,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Oh my gosh entropie...did you make this? (Yes...I did see that you just posted the sandwich which made me hungry...but then I saw this and this looks super interesting).
    Yea, its an austrian / bohemian recipe, my grandfather had a hotel down in Bohemia (nowdays Czech Republic) before the war. He was a learnt cook and hotelier and he knew everything about dumplings .

    Bohemian dumplings are very tasty as well and bring every nice sauce to excellence.
    Recipe is easy: 14 ounces ( 400 g ) flour + .5 cups of milk ( 125 ml ) + 2 eggs + yeast and a sprinkle of salt

    Very tasty, if you add butter you get the dumplings above. You can experiment a lot with dumplings put all kind of stuff in the mixture

    Another nice recipe from down there is crude Bratwurst with white wine, where the wine is inside the sausage and makes for a nice sauce when roasted. You can combine that with mashed potatoes and Sauerkraut, perfect german meal hehe . To make Sauerkraut tasty you have to add sugar, salt and pepper and caraway, very tasty .

    Oh god, made myself hungry now

    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

  3. #993
    Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea, its an austrian / bohemian recipe, my grandfather had a hotel down in Bohemia (nowdays Czech Republic) before the war. He was a learnt cook and hotelier and he knew everything about dumplings .

    Bohemian dumplings are very tasty as well and bring every nice sauce to excellence.
    Recipe is easy: 14 ounces ( 400 g ) flour + .5 cups of milk ( 125 ml ) + 2 eggs + yeast and a sprinkle of salt

    Very tasty, if you add butter you get the dumplings above. You can experiment a lot with dumplings put all kind of stuff in the mixture

    Another nice recipe from down there is crude Bratwurst with white wine, where the wine is inside the sausage and makes for a nice sauce when roasted. You can combine that with mashed potatoes and Sauerkraut, perfect german meal hehe . To make Sauerkraut tasty you have to add sugar, salt and pepper and caraway, very tasty .

    Oh god, made myself hungry now
    Thank you so much for the recipe!!! (and for the family history just because I love that kind of stuff).
    I'm honestly going to give this a shot LOL! When I get around to it I'll come back and post a picture though I might end up embarrassing myself!! haha.

    PS. I love Sauerkraut

  4. #994
    Mr. Blue Array entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    15,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarryKnights View Post
    Thank you so much for the recipe!!! (and for the family history just because I love that kind of stuff).
    I'm honestly going to give this a shot LOL! When I get around to it I'll come back and post a picture though I might end up embarrassing myself!! haha.

    PS. I love Sauerkraut
    Yea do that . One thing: I confused yeast with backing powder. If you use yeast it will become a pizza dough. You have to try a bit with the dumplings, everytime you make them they are different. And dont be too easy on the salt or they'll lack taste ( but dont be too hard on it as well ). I always mess up the salt.

    My grandfather sure would be honored, if his recipe would make it over the Ocean. He was always a big fan of cowboy movies so I bet he would have liked that. I tell him when I visit him next time
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

  5. #995
    Immanentize the Eschaton Array Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yea do that . One thing: I confused yeast with backing powder. If you use yeast it will become a pizza dough. You have to try a bit with the dumplings, everytime you make them they are different. And dont be too easy on the salt or they'll lack taste ( but dont be too hard on it as well ). I always mess up the salt.

    My grandfather sure would be honored, if his recipe would make it over the Ocean. He was always a big fan of cowboy movies so I bet he would have liked that. I tell him when I visit him next time
    Oh okay...I got it and made the changes. I'm excited to make this. Your grandfather sounds like a wonderful person!

  6. #996
    Mr. Blue Array entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    3w2 so
    Posts
    15,784

    Default

    Yea he was, he had lost a leg in Russia and was one of the last to be let out of imprisonment by the Russians. His borther was not so nice, we suspect him to have been in the SS and later after the war he worked for german intelligence tho officialy he was a colonel in the army. My grandpa died at age 72 because he smoked to much, his brother still lives at age 91.

    it always hits the wrong people :/ my grandpa was entp imo, the only one in my family
    Progressive Trance
    Time will explain.
    ~Persuasion - by Jane Austen

  7. #997
    Finis Array Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,814

    Default

    Going on a fritter kick this week. Apple fritters, corn fritters, fritter fritters...all gluten free.

    I made some chocolate chip cookies (again), sticky chicken wings, and fried rice the other night. Last night was ultimate nachos but a real lazy version of it. No salsa or refried beans on the side. Too tired.

  8. #998
    Senior Member Array Pinker85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Radish salad that I use for my wraps.

    1) Peel and chop daikon radish into bite sized cubes
    2) Boil on medium-high heat for 15 minutes and drain (I save the boiling water and drink it as a tea for a good blood cleanser)
    3) Combine in a bowl raw almond butter, pinch of sweetener of your choice, lemon juice, crushed garlic, quality olive oil, celtic sea salt, and fresh cracked black pepper - add daikon

    It'll last three days in the fridge. I like to make collard wraps with this as the base adding mung bean sprouts, avocado, tomato, and thai basil.

  9. #999
    Senior Member Array Pinker85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Adorable! Did you draw this yourself?

  10. #1000
    Senior Member Array Lark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    18,627

    Default

    A Feasters burger, in the microwave.

Similar Threads

  1. what should i cook for dinner?
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 06:10 PM
  2. [SJ] SJs are awesome enough that I want to bake them a cake and such!!!!
    By miss fortune in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 10:58 AM
  3. What did you Bake/Cook Today?!?!?! :)
    By figsfiggyfigs in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 04:38 PM
  4. Learning to Cook
    By wedekit in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 11:33 AM
  5. David Cook
    By wwbeachbum161 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO