Why not Papaver Somniforum?
    Hey, why not...
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

"There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP

Did you ever give this a shot poppy? I would only grow flowers to attract bees to the food myself.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

I guess this just shows how disconnected to nature people are getting. it's just a flower they need water and light(mostly) some don't need direct sunlight. that's about it!

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    I guess this just shows how disconnected to nature people are getting. it's just a flower they need water and light(mostly) some don't need direct sunlight. that's about it!
    Some plants are so sensitive to their surroundings and conditions they're grown in that they seem to almost drop dead from a wrong look you cast at them.
    It's a whole science. The temperature, just the right amount of light, suitable contents of the soil, humidity, you name it, there are so many things that need attention. And even the plants that do not need that much care, still need your attention once in a while.
    I like plants but my home is plant free because I often forget to even water them. I seriously dislike plastic plants so that's not an option either. I enjoy the trees outside of my windows and fortunately the nature takes care of them very well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    Yep, Poppy is going to grow poppies.
    (Actually they're not true poppies, they're Meconopsis betonicifolia...but shh!)

I want to make sure I do this right though, and I haven't been able to find much information online about growing them. Anyone have any experience with them? Or for that matter, any pointers on growing indoor plants in general?
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just buy wax or silk flowers? They would basically look the same, and not involve dirt or drawing insects.

Anyway, the only advice I can think of if you're going to insist on doing this, is to make sure you water them regularly, don't let them dry out (from what I've read, that species is especially sensitive to drying out)... and remember to feed them plant food.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

"Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

NO WAY! I had no idea. Thanks for the helpful advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Wouldn't it be simpler to just buy wax or silk flowers? They would basically look the same, and not involve dirt or drawing insects.

Anyway, the only advice I can think of if you're going to insist on doing this, is to make sure you water them regularly, don't let them dry out (from what I've read, that species is especially sensitive to drying out)... and remember to feed them plant food.
    I actually don't think that silk flowers look as good as real flowers, and there's something to be said for successfully growing a plant (especially a somewhat exotic flower). It's a challenge. I'll probably pick up a spray bottle to make sure the soil stays uniformly moist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Did you ever give this a shot poppy? I would only grow flowers to attract bees to the food myself.
    The seeds are currently in my fridge under the impression that it's still winter. I was hoping to plant them this week, but I think the weather is too hot right now, and I don't have air conditioning to keep them cool and happy. Hopefully within the next few weeks it'll cool down some.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    The seeds are currently in my fridge under the impression that it's still winter. I was hoping to plant them this week, but I think the weather is too hot right now, and I don't have air conditioning to keep them cool and happy. Hopefully within the next few weeks it'll cool down some.
    Can you grow some of these seeds as well? I'll come back in about 8 weeks for them. What's that you say, illegal? It is for my glaucoma, are you so heartless?

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Can you grow some of these seeds as well? I'll come back in about 8 weeks for them. What's that you say, illegal? It is for my glaucoma, are you so heartless?

Maybe I should go into business (canna-business, that is)