• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Geoff's Pics in Nova Scotia, part 2 due to popular demand

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Well, people liked the first bunch, so here are a handful more. Usual rules apply :yes:

I went for a walk on the top of this mountain on the Cabot Trail. Super view, and Pilot Whales too (about 40 of them)

1443737848_1fc11bbb21_b.jpg

On my way back to the car (10km hike!) I bumped into this moose in the early evening. As you can tell I was kinda close... we surprised each other- not sure who was more worried, me i think. It's a lady moose, I think?

1443725620_1b88238152_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
This is the post-sunset view just below the mountain - very long exposure in near total darkness, thus the rather surreal colouring :

1442862439_624fdb46d9_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Couple more coastal shots from around the Cabot Trail (if you haven't been there, go, preferably a little later than this when the leaves have turned)

1442869427_ed7a2d390c_b.jpg

1442870613_5666866b36_b.jpg

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Finally, West Berlin wharf, just down the coast on the South Shore from Medway Head lighthouse (see thread one)

1443704166_d6d4dd0741_b.jpg

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
I love that first picture. I have no idea why.

I want to build my wizard's tower there. *nod*

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
The moose photo is frightening.

I would like to see #1 with the lighting of #3. :D

R

RDF

You have some beautiful pictures there. My wife and I car-tripped around the Maritime Provinces a year ago last spring. We spent most of our time in Nova Scotia and PEI, and took the ferry from Sydney out to Newfoundland and spent a few days in St. Johns.

Your pictures of the Cabot Trail really do capture the terrain of the northern highlands. And I love the sky behind the lighthouse at Medway Head on the South Shore.

I'll have to show your photos to my wife. She'll flip. She just took a few camera shots through the car window as we were traveling. Lazy INFPs. :)

Usehername

On a mission
:D

i also really like how you explained how you were able to capture some of your shots; i'm thinking about getting into astrophotography (i had an om2 stumble into my hands but i've never had a film camera and it needs repairs anyway so i will learn in the coming weeks)

the "how" explanations are apprecaited.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
i'm thinking about getting into astrophotography (i had an om2 stumble into my hands but i've never had a film camera and it needs repairs anyway so i will learn in the coming weeks)

Fun stuff! I did a little bit of that, and settled on color slide film as the best medium, especially Kodak Elite Chrome 200.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Beautiful pictures!
Did you already say what kind of camera you have?

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Beautiful pictures!
Did you already say what kind of camera you have?

Probably! I should get some sort of standard text for this... ;)

Canon Digital SLR.. an increasingly long in the tooth EOS300D (also known as the digital rebel in north america).

Lens is usually a 17-40L (a GREAT piece of glass by the way) with a polariser. If not it is usually a cheaper (and not so good piece of glass :( ) 70-210 zoom.

Usually shot in raw and then developed in Lightroom - just standard stuff, choosing the white balance, vibrance and clarity clean ups and a little sharpening.

-Geoff

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Awesome photos, once again. Love the West Berlin wharf one. Vaguely reminds me of a photo I took at Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco (not that it can be compared in the way that you are a talented photographer and I merely just take random shots that catch my eye).

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
I always did like Fisherman's wharves. So photogenic and....well... interesting :)

Glad you appreciated.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Geoff your pictures are simply breathtaking! :yes: I'll be mentioning your camera to the hubby cuz we need to get one!

Is this it?