User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have tons of these! For just about everything. I'm sooo into it. I'm not a raging hippy though.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Tea tree oil for cuts and scrapes. Ginger for tummy upsets.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTP

Milk helps with heartburn and stomach aches due to wine/acid.

Sugar stops the horrid burning from peppers and other hot and spicy type food.

heart on fire

For a sick headache I've had good results with putting my feet/wrists into warm water and ice on my neck.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    For a sick headache I've had good results with putting my feet/wrists into warm water and ice on my neck.
    yeah, i've heard about that for headaches. my friend who gets migraines puts his arms in very hot water. guess it draws the blood out of the head....?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

heart on fire

^ Yes, Ice or cold compress on head will speed up action...in my experience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    FIVE

Heart - The headache thing is new to me but I love it, I HATE taking OTC medication so I will suffer for awhile before I go get an ibuprofen.

Alwar - The hormone upsets that cause boys to have breasts are really frightening to me. We don't eat any soy because of issues like this, I have finicky hormones but thanks for finding that. (I'm pretty sure too lazy to google is the height of lazy lol)

AGA - I know that grapefruit seed extract is good stuff but I stopped buying it because (it's been a few years) one of the major brands was using a preservative that should not be ingested (they advertised that it was a topical antiseptic), do you have to buy yours online?

I'm a wannabe hippie... too busy to do everything I think would be a good idea...

I do have a question though, I think it was AGA who mentioned homemade soap. I have friends who make beautiful soaps that smell great and leave my hands soft but if I use it for a shower, my skin freaks out. It gets tight and dry and does some very unattractive things. I've tried several kinds of "real soap" with the same results. Any ideas? I currently use "body wash" and I would prefer to find something without so many strange chemicals but even Dr. Bronners liquid causes issues. I guess I should be asking if you all know of anything natural or homemade that is a "body wash" instead of "soap."

Oh and I thought of a few more random tips...

We rent and whenever we move I buy a tube of DAP (white plumbers caulk) and fill in all of the nail holes. I rub it in with my finger and it's fine. Unlike toothpaste (a friend's trick) it can be painted over without detection.

To clean anything below the water line in the toilet, drop in some denture tablets. No chemicals and it smells like toothpaste.

If you get an abscess, put a mixture of baking soda and salt inside your cheek next to the tooth (you can wet a small piece of cotton ball and dip it in the mixture). It takes doing this a few times (it makes you drool so I could only handle 15 minutes at a time every few hours, so it took 2 days for it to work for me) but it will pull the "stuff" to the surface of the gum (like a blemish) and can be "removed" manually. In my experience, the pain went away and I could manage the wait for the dentist.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chasingAJ View Post
    AGA - I know that grapefruit seed extract is good stuff but I stopped buying it because (it's been a few years) one of the major brands was using a preservative that should not be ingested (they advertised that it was a topical antiseptic), do you have to buy yours online?

I'm a wannabe hippie... too busy to do everything I think would be a good idea...

I do have a question though, I think it was AGA who mentioned homemade soap. I have friends who make beautiful soaps that smell great and leave my hands soft but if I use it for a shower, my skin freaks out. It gets tight and dry and does some very unattractive things. I've tried several kinds of "real soap" with the same results. Any ideas? I currently use "body wash" and I would prefer to find something without so many strange chemicals but even Dr. Bronners liquid causes issues. I guess I should be asking if you all know of anything natural or homemade that is a "body wash" instead of "soap."
    hi chasing--yeah, it used to be that gse was the natural miracle preservative, especially in natural body care, etc. then i found a few years ago that the reason it works is not because of its natural properties but because of the chemical used to disinfect the equipment which then processes the gse, and consequently contaminates it. so it's the chemical that supposedly was killing everything, not the gse. that was years ago. i am not sure how true that was. maybe it was true. but being the way i am , i still think kicking diarrhea with a few drops of something that is probably natural is better than the alternative of going to the doctor and taking prescription meds, or getting dehydrated and worn out.

i have read that some people are sensitive to coconut oil. i think dr bronners has coconut oil in it. coconut oil is what causes lathering, but it is also drying, so if you have fair skin, you might be sensitive on both counts. what soap do you use with success? you mentioned body wash. body wash is made with potassium hydroxide whereas soap is made with sodium hydroxide. but that shouldn't really matter because it's all used up in the saponification process anyway. i'd recomment pure castile soap for you. all it has in it is olive oil and lye (which mixes and makes pure soap). just read the ingredients and make sure nothing else is in it.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com