• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you make with summer veggies?

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
What's your favorite way to use summer garden vegetables?

Today I made a flatbread pizza type thing with fresh basil pesto, black olives, feta cheese, and roasted eggplant and zucchini that I brushed with Italian dressing. It turned out very yummy!

In the summer, I also love making a sandwich with mozzarella, fresh lettuce, and tomatoes, if I've got really nice, crusty bread.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know you asked about summer veggies but I just found the most amazing recipe using a winter vegetable -- parsnips! It has meatballs and a little asiago cheese in it too. :happy2:

Root Vegetable Soup with Meatballs Recipe - MyRecipes.com

Yield

Makes 6 servings
Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 teaspoons salt, divided
* 2 medium turnips (about 1 lb.), peeled and chopped
* 6 medium parsnips (about 1 1/2 lbs.), peeled and chopped
* 5 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
* 1/2 pound ground pork
* 1 tablespoon minced chives, plus more for garnish
* 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
* 3 tablespoons finely grated asiago, parmesan, or pecorino cheese
* About 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

1. Melt butter in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring, until soft, about 2 minutes. Add turnips, parsnips, broth, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, combine pork, 1 tbsp. chives, parsley, cheese, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper in a small bowl. Mix gently to combine. Form into 36 balls, about 1 tsp. each, and set aside.

3. Whirl soup in a blender until smooth (in batches if necessary). Return to pot and keep warm over low heat.

4. In a wide, shallow pan, bring at least 2 in. of water to a boil and add remaining 1 tsp. salt. Add meatballs and cook until they float to the surface and are cooked through (test one to be sure), about 4 minutes. Transfer to a warm plate with a slotted spoon.

5. Divide soup among 6 bowls. Top each bowl with 6 meatballs and sprinkle with additional chives and pepper. Serve hot.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a simpleton.

I sautee the following veggies in a skillet and will add it to anything (eggs, chicken, steak, pork, fish, etc.)

1. Onion (Red, Vidalia, or White)
2. Red Pepper
3. Green Pepper
4. Portabella Mushrooms
5. Fresh Garlic
6. Asparagus

I love all of these independently, so together they all rock too.

:happy: