User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    how about migas with some black beans and fruit....or spinach omelet with rosemary potatoes and bacon....or apple and cinnamon pancakes with scrambled eggs made with parmesan and garlic...mmm....or a smoothie and zucchini walnut muffins or bread...mmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikka View Post
    omellete with onion, tomato, spinach (cooked in garlic, butter, and olive oil), feta, and pesto. Cooked with olive oil and butter. It's delicious.
    Mmm. Sounds good to me!!!

I like scrambled eggs with fresh, chopped cilantro and a sprinkle of grated cheddar. Or Juevos Rancheros -- a lightly fried corn tortilla with black beans, scrambled eggs, sauteed peppers and onions, a little chipotle cream cheese, and some salsa on the side. Or a smoothie with a banana, apple, ground flax seed, and lowfat vanilla yogurt. Or Cheerios and milk with fresh berries.

I'm not really into stuffed french toast, but my siblings love it -- French toast piled thickly with sliced strawberries and sweetened cream cheese or whipped cream in the middle. Another friend of mine makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then dips it in egg and cooks it like french toast, topping it off with maple syrup. Too sweet for me, but she loves it.

I stayed in the middle east for a little while once, and we ate thick, crusty bread, fresh olives, and cheese for breakfast. It was strange, but I got used to it and kind of liked it.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

I usually have yogurt or a bowl of cereal. But my favorite breakfasts are chocolate chip pancakes or chilaquiles. Mmmm.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not a morning person, so cooking anything complicated, or having the stomach to eat something rich is not gonna happen. I also need to eat low GI food for breakfast otherwise I tend to crash badly for the rest of the day. My breakfast options:

- porridge (aka oatmeal) with skim milk, nuked in the microwave

- bran cereal with skim milk

- peanut butter on multigrain toast

If I'm travelling for work and staying overnight, I try to have poached eggs on toast for breakfast because it keeps me going through long days when I'm cooped up in all day meetings or conferences.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I'm not a morning person, so cooking anything complicated, or having the stomach to eat something rich is not gonna happen. I also need to eat low GI food for breakfast otherwise I tend to crash badly for the rest of the day. My breakfast options:

- porridge (aka oatmeal) with skim milk, nuked in the microwave

- bran cereal with skim milk

- peanut butter on multigrain toast

If I'm travelling for work and staying overnight, I try to have poached eggs on toast for breakfast because it keeps me going through long days when I'm cooped up in all day meetings or conferences.

Peanut butter toast is the one thing that has me on a leash

Hmm bagels, french toast, omelets, eggs cooked anyway, and potatoes! I love potatoes! Lady X definitely had great ideas.

Great, now I really want some food.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just had coffee cake and decided nobody needs that much sugar ever...yuck...i feel sick.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Multi-grain cheerios with milk are a great, light healthy breakfast.

For something with more substance, try lox and cream cheese on a bagel with red onions and capers....mmmmm!

Oatmeal and cream of wheat are great on a cold morning (not exactly summertime food), and sometimes I eat "lunch food" for breakfast instead of breakfast, because I'm not a big fan of things like donuts and muffins, or I want something heartier than a bowl of cereal.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

oooh....I forgot. I've had apples with creamy peanut butter for breakfast before. That way you're getting fruit and protein.

violaine

I either have eggs on toast or my favorite breakfast which is blueberries and strawberries with fresh ricotta, drizzled with honey. Yum.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    Another friend of mine makes a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and then dips it in egg and cooks it like french toast, topping it off with maple syrup.
    This sounds good to me for some reason, sans the maple syrup though because it just grosses me out.

Oh, and Athenian, those Aunt Jemima Griddlecakes are probably going to kill you!

This morning I made rosemary potatoes (Good idea Lady X) with peas, served with sliced apples dipped in sour cream + brown sugar. Success!
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP

Oh, another good brekkie food is Bircher muesli. Soak rolled oats (not the quick cook stuff) in either unsweetened apple juice overnight or grated apple + milk. In the morning, add some natural yoghurt and maybe some extra fruit. I like to add some sultanas to the oats as well. Super healthy and very yummy.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.