User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTx

Default Cat fur, everywhere!

It's on my clothes, bed, couch, jackets, carpets, every surface that I don't clean daily. Fur! Fur! Fur! It gets into everything! :steam:

Tiny whispy threads embed themselves and stick around even through washing. Bigger threads form a layer over all my stuff. I can pretty much ran my hand over anything and there will be fur. It makes my clothing itchy. It makes my sleep uncomfortable.

Determined cleaning and daily combing does help, but it only reduces the fur from OHGOD to lots. I need a better way to manage this. At least I have an air conditioner this year to avoid seasonal shedding.

Cat lovers. How do you minimize this impact upon your home?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Two words: Lint brush.
    Another two words: Air filter.

Also, brush your cats often. It minimizes the impact on the rest of the house. They'll shed on the brush, and not the furniture, you know?
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Best solution: Don't allow animals in your bedroom.

It makes a huge difference for me as no cat hair is being put on my clothes when Im not wearing them and definitely none is ending up in my bed. I use a throw rug for my couch that can be removed when I'm using it and wash that regularly, I wear daggy or anti-cat proof clothing while at home and I have a good washing machine/clothes dryer that removes everything when cleaned.

The pet free bedroom is key though.

The best way is to not have cats. After my cat-owning roommate and I parted ways, cleaning became SO much easier, and black became a more regulare presence in my wardrobe
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The best way is to not have cats.

It may be the most effective for minimising the fur-factor but it certainly isn't the best! *glare*

Dali

Jeez... that post's enough to make any asthmatic cringe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I hear cat tastes better than dog. Or maybe it's the other way around, I can't recall it right now... But I couldn't eat my cat, so I'll only imply this as a solution.

A lint brush (and one for the car) and an air filter are the simplest, and most effective in my experience, plus a weekly vacuuming, including furniture.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I dunno..I have 6 cats, and although they do get things furry, it doesn't bother me that much. There's only one skirt I use for work a lot that attracts fur like mad, and that one I use one of those sticky roll things on to get it off before I go to work. Other clothes *do* have fur on em, but I wear it proudly
    As for the bedroom, they sleep in my bed during the day. By the time it's too furry, I have to wash the sheets anyways so...It does help to make the bed every day, so it doesn't get on the sheet you lie on. And at the moment, it's summer so we have satin sheets on which don't hold onto cat fur anyways, so it slides right off.

Sorry, never bothered me
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I dunno..I have 6 cats, and although they do get things furry, it doesn't bother me that much. There's only one skirt I use for work a lot that attracts fur like mad, and that one I use one of those sticky roll things on to get it off before I go to work. Other clothes *do* have fur on em, but I wear it proudly
    As for the bedroom, they sleep in my bed during the day. By the time it's too furry, I have to wash the sheets anyways so...It does help to make the bed every day, so it doesn't get on the sheet you lie on. And at the moment, it's summer so we have satin sheets on which don't hold onto cat fur anyways, so it slides right off.

Sorry, never bothered me
    Crazy cat lady!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Damn, I thought three was alot. All the cuteness is worth it *selfslaps*, I mean, cat fur fetches a high price.