User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

My eyes would be like Good Year blimps and my nose would backfire rapidly.

HINDENBURG!!!

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Despite my reservations about it, mainly because of the terrible choice in product name, I ended up buying that Furminator thing. I saw it on ebay for 12 bucks and I received it today in the mail. Upon testing on my cats, it appears that it does comb out more hair than any other brush... but only marginally. I've had another comb shaped in a squarish formation with thin metal protrusions and little space between them that did a good job as well. So basically this is slightly over glorified, and those pictures of the mounds of pet hair are exaggerated (or the pet had an extreme, extreme shedding/grooming problem). But whatever, $12 is cool. Further testing will reveal more, hopefully. I'm particularly interested in the claim that it will control a months worth of shedding.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Update: My other cat with the grooming problem got the best use out of the comb. I literally stroked for almost an hour and got a dense ball of fur the size of my fist in the end. His fur is now soft and is an incredible improvement. This thing seems to only grab the wispy hairs that are the most annoying, so I'm grateful.
    Ti

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'll never understand how anyone can stand to brush a cat every night. That seems like such an enormous pain in the ass.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

That's the point of this comb.. less shedding.
    Ti

MBTI
    ENFP

I swear my cat makes more of a mess of my place than I do. I don't know how he sheds so much fur and yet STILL HAS fur. How is he not bald?

I keep a lint roller in my house and one in my car.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    That's the point of this comb.. less shedding.
    There's a better solution, get rid of the parasite.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I dunno..I have 6 cats, and although they do get things furry, it doesn't bother me that much. There's only one skirt I use for work a lot that attracts fur like mad, and that one I use one of those sticky roll things on to get it off before I go to work. Other clothes *do* have fur on em, but I wear it proudly
    As for the bedroom, they sleep in my bed during the day. By the time it's too furry, I have to wash the sheets anyways so...It does help to make the bed every day, so it doesn't get on the sheet you lie on. And at the moment, it's summer so we have satin sheets on which don't hold onto cat fur anyways, so it slides right off.

Sorry, never bothered me
    Yeah, I've got 2 dogs and 2 cats, and the hair doesn't bother me. I'm not exactly a tidy person anyway though so of course it wouldn't

If I have an outfit that I really don't want to get hair on, well I just use one of those sticky roll things aswell just before I setp out of the house.

I wuv my pets.

Oh, and forget the animal hair, it's my hair that really gets everywhere.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1, 5

I have a siamese mix (medium-hair). The cat isn't allowed in the closet and the master bath. Otherwise sticky rollers and brushing 3x a week, first with a furminator, than with a regular brush to pick up stray hairs, which works pretty well. Still, no outfit is complete without cat hair.

wrap sticky tape around your hand so the sticky side is exposed and rub your hands over everything.*

*except the pet