• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cravings, craving, cravings

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
11493747.JPG

Hot chocolate...

mockingbird

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd kill for some chocolate turtle cheescake right now!
And cashews! I could eat my own weight in cashews!

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I think most normal people's cravings are expressive of a physiological need for apecific nutrients contained in those foods, whether it be glucose/sugar, a vitamin, or minerals. That's what our tastes are geared toward, detecting the chemical makeup of what we eat and working with info from our digestive system as it is digested, and I believe this info is cataloged in the brain so that it knows what foods it needs if it is deprived of certain nutrients. I don't have specific scientific info to back this up (haven't seen it), but I'm very sure that's similar to how it works.

OMG. A woman who loves baklava :wubbie:. Too bad I had to quit this sweet treat, after I ate so much of it that i got tired :/ .

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
^In the extreme, I agree with your craving theory. I've heard it before, and it makes sense to me.

As for baklava....A man who loves baklava!!!:wubbie:
I'm about to drive 20 minutes away just to go get some in a minute.:D
How in the world did you get tired of it? Where were you getting it from?

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
^In the extreme, I agree with your craving theory. I've heard it before, and it makes sense to me.

As for baklava....A man who loves baklava!!!:wubbie:
I'm about to drive 20 minutes away just to go get some in a minute.:D
How in the world did you get tired of it? Where were you getting it from?

I totally do not remember posting in this thread last month :p . Last time I got baklava, I ordered some huge boxes of it through Amazon (through another company who actually makes the baklava). I had way more than I needed at one time, as I got a bit obsessed :p . The baklava was also of very subpar quality, very buttery, not nearly enough sugar/syrup, but plenty of walnuts in between. Just the way they made it didn't appeal to me, and I actually had to add honey to them to make them more palatable. After all that I kinda lost my taste for the wonderful, flaky pastry :p . Maybe if you send me some from your town we can reignite the fires of baklava love ;) .

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
I totally do not remember posting in this thread last month :p . Last time I got baklava, I ordered some huge boxes of it through Amazon (through another company who actually makes the baklava). I had way more than I needed at one time, as I got a bit obsessed :p . The baklava was also of very subpar quality, very buttery, not nearly enough sugar/syrup, but plenty of walnuts in between. Just the way they made it didn't appeal to me, and I actually had to add honey to them to make them more palatable. After all that I kinda lost my taste for the wonderful, flaky pastry :p . Maybe if you send me some from your town we can reignite the fires of baklava love ;) .
Haha. You're so late.:D That's no good though! I had some dry, flaky baklava a few months ago too. I was very disappointed. If it's good, the honey should drip out of it when you bite down, and you should be able to lick the residue off of your fingers.

As for a current craving:
MeltingPot.png

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
7-Eleven wings and some kind of dark green veggetable.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Egg Nog with Coconut Rum! *yummie!*

Sometimes I'll get a bad craving for the "fun" food I ate as a kid.

1. Pizza Bread - made with simple sandwich bread, mustard, ketchup, dab of butter and American Cheese with paprika on top...toasted in the oven.

2. Kraft Mac Cheese with an extra slice of American Cheese and added Pepper.

3. Butterscotch Banana Pops

4. Toasted Homemade Pimento Cheese with Tomato Soup.

5. Toast topped with Chicken Noodle Soup

6. Home Made Banana Pudding, the kind that's cooked from start to finish and baked with meringue on top!

I stop typing now before I get the urge to make a late evening raid of the grocery store. :shock: uh, omfg! resist! resist!