User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default Fighting a losing battle

Against the weeds in my garden.

Everytime I cut them down, they grow even higher and take away more of my garden.

I don't want to use weed killer because I want to grow things once I get the weeds sorted.

I keep popping out there today to tackle it, and coming back to the pc because it's so frustrating lol

How do you get rid of weeds without ruining your garden?

I've only been here a year and haven't really had time to deal with the garden, plus uk weather etc, but there are weeds choking up a rose bush, and some other pretty stuff I can't identify. Are they ruined now or is there a way to save them?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Hire a gardener, it's what I did. :/

Weeds, I've dealt with them at times, sure, but entirely getting rid of them I never succeeded at. It's like a constant struggle. Pfft. My gardener seems to have it all under good control though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Hire a gardener, it's what I did. :/

Weeds, I've dealt with them at times, sure, but entirely getting rid of them I never succeeded at. It's like a constant struggle. Pfft. My gardener seems to have it all under good control though.
    I can't afford it. It will have to be all hard work on my part unfortunately.

I hate chores, gardens are nice to have but it sucks having to fix them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You could try my brothers (ENTP) approach to gardening.

Paved stones, fake grass, and a few vases with fake flowers. (lol)

...I should retire, maybe someone that actually knows about this stuff will give you a good tip.

Phantonym

Try mulch.

And there's this plastic bag like material (sorry don't know exactly what's it called) to cover some areas in the garden, the plants that you want to grow stick out of it but the weeds are stifled (?) I guess. Makes sense, huh? Hey, I'm no gardener.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Against the weeds in my garden.

Everytime I cut them down, they grow even higher and take away more of my garden.

I don't want to use weed killer because I want to grow things once I get the weeds sorted.

I keep popping out there today to tackle it, and coming back to the pc because it's so frustrating lol

How do you get rid of weeds without ruining your garden?

I've only been here a year and haven't really had time to deal with the garden, plus uk weather etc, but there are weeds choking up a rose bush, and some other pretty stuff I can't identify. Are they ruined now or is there a way to save them?
    i *think* you have to sit on your arse with a spade and pull them out one by one. then my friends tell me (when i've asked them this same q) you have to weed every day. then i've read after it rains, you should run a cultivator (a manual weed machine with sharp points) over the dirt back and forth to help prevent weeds from popping up due to the recent moisture. usually gardeners use some sort of plastic under the mulch cuz you are literally fighting a losing battle.

weeds are the least of my probs. if i beat the weeds, i have deer, if i beat the deer i have field mice. if i beat the mice (can't really) i have the summer frosts........virtually impossible to even have any flowers grow where i am.

good luck! you're in the uk, eh? nice.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    You could try my brothers (ENTP) approach to gardening.

Paved stones, fake grass, and a few vases with fake flowers. (lol)

...I should retire, maybe someone that actually knows about this stuff will give you a good tip.
    Haha no way, I love walking on grass, although I'm considering having a clover lawn because it's softer (my friend has one).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Try mulch.

And there's this plastic bag like material (sorry don't know exactly what's it called) to cover some areas in the garden, the plants that you want to grow stick out of it but the weeds are stifled (?) I guess. Makes sense, huh? Hey, I'm no gardener.
    I did always used to wonder why people had woodchippings down around plants. I just looked it up, thanks for the heads up.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    i *think* you have to sit on your arse with a spade and pull them out one by one. then my friends tell me (when i've asked them this same q) you have to weed every day. then i've read after it rains, you should run a cultivator (a manual weed machine with sharp points) over the dirt back and forth to help prevent weeds from popping up due to the recent moisture. usually gardeners use some sort of plastic under the mulch cuz you are literally fighting a losing battle.

weeds are the least of my probs. if i beat the weeds, i have deer, if i beat the deer i have field mice. if i beat the mice (can't really) i have the summer frosts........virtually impossible to even have any flowers grow where i am.

good luck! you're in the uk, eh? nice.

Wow, I read the rest through tears after the bolded parts. An everyday chore?

Hmm time to weigh up my love of greenery with my hatred of hard work.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You can always admire your neighbours greenery.

MBTI
    infp

Time to remind my isfj friend that she promised to do my garden for me this year lol if anyone can make it work, she can.