• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fighting a losing battle

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh yeah, for sure!
i had a pretty nice flower garden and a real nice vegetable garden when i lived in washington (near seattle).
right now i only have a vegetable garden. my backyard opens directly into the desert (there is nobody else around), so i just preserve the natural look of the desert in my yard. i have planted some sage and other things, but i let it do it's own thing, an don't do a lot of maintenence.

i have a nice vegetbale garden. i grow a lot of chile peppers, jalapenos, serranos, and big jim peppers. also bell peppers. i also grow a lot of tomatoes (full size and cherry tomatoes). and onions, squash, watermelon, cilantro, peaches.

what strange land do you come from? you're like some istp God dropped down into type c.....you know a lot about everything--you know lines from movies, know cool songs, know about ivs to combat dehydration, and you grow big jim peppers? BAH! i don't believe you are a real person at all. i think you are a fake person made up by a bunch of college nerds to appear like One Perfect Human Being.

i'll be watching for you guys to slip up........!! :yes:

All of the weeds are stinging nettles, they also grow over the path which means I can't skip barefooted down it on a sunny day if I don't trim them back. :cheese:

The rose bush is buried underneath a huge patch of the things.

I have some of those insane long grass bush things. no idea what they are called. Like tufts of thick grass like leaves.

Some weird furry beans on this plant that grows up the fence.

A tree with orange and red inedible berries and 2 bush things I can't identify, not that I've idenitified anything so far. :doh:

But it has so much potential. Like me. :wubbie:

you are crackin me up girl!! amazon.com want list: weed id, tree id, perennial id.

hey you two make a cute couple..........:smile: maybe i'll try my hand at matchmaking. watch out, blue.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
BerberElla-
it sounds like you need to pull a lot of weeds. but the upside is, once you are done with the initial work it will get easier. if you go nuts and pull out all the weeds (which will be a shit-ton of work), then you can relax some, and just pull small weeds before they get too big. once they are all out all you have to do is keep vigilant, and do a small amount of work more often, rather than an epic lot of work.
weeding is pretty much a constant in gardening, though. it is unavoidable, unfortunately.

what strange land do you come from? you're like some istp God dropped down into type c.....you know a lot about everything--you know lines from movies, know cool songs, know about ivs to combat dehydration, and you grow big jim peppers? BAH! i don't believe you are a real person at all. i think you are a fake person made up by a bunch of college nerds to appear like One Perfect Human Being.

i'll be watching for you guys to slip up........!! :yes:

haha, if i were made up i would be much cooler, trust me. :D
and i am too blue collar to be the product of college students. ;)

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
How to kill weeds:
The good weeds: harvest and smoke them, or sell them.
The bad weeds: rip them out by the roots.

Wiley45

MBTI Type
INFP
Having just attacked the jungle that is my garden, may I suggest soaking the areas you wish to weed before you try pulling them out? It helps a lot.