9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Those are some beautiful pics there.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Grayscale View Post
    central WA around the Gorge is beautiful, albeit a bit dry sometimes, but that's one of my favorite aspects of the state... ocean > rainforest > cascades (arguably some of the best climbing in the world!) > country-side with only a few hours of driving

do you know where quincy is? i went to my first 3 years of highschool there
    You mean the "city of opportunity"? We just drove through. You have my condolences, that is one of the saddest little burgs in the state (right up there with Ephrata and Othello)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Those are some beautiful pics there.
    Thanks. It really does make me a little sad to leave.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Don't worry, Europe is not that bad.

As a matter of fact, very close to your future location, France and Italy probably are the most beautiful countries in the world, and by far.
    I've always wondered how my Americans fellows could have grown up amidst permanent urban ugliness (1), and how it affected their perception, skill and quality of life.

But I have to admit London is one of the most depressing cities of Europe, along with the suburbs of Moscow and the German Ruhr.

---

(1) With the sole exceptions of New-York and San Francisco... and possibly Chicago
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    Don't worry, Europe is not that bad.

As a matter of fact, very close to your future location, France and Italy probably are the most beautiful countries in the world, and by far.
    I've always wondered how my Americans fellows could have grown up amidst permanent urban ugliness (1), and how it affected their perception, skill and quality of life.

But I have to admit London is one of the most depressing cities of Europe, along with the suburbs of Moscow and the German Ruhr.

---

(1) With the sole exceptions of New-York and San Francisco... and possibly Chicago
    I've been pretty lucky. I've never had to live in an ugly place. Tell me, though, what about London do you find depressing?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I've been pretty lucky. I've never had to live in an ugly place.
    It seems so!

Tell me, though, what about London do you find depressing?
    Well, it's not a beautiful city. It is alive because a lot of money is running through its streets, and because it's a metropolis, a "world-city" (if you have heard of Braudel), but in the same time it's very shallow, it can be quite disappointing for some.

It's an aggregate of dull, monotonous, unstructured villages; the neverending sprawl of the 19th century that lacks density, dense places, dense buildings, and contrast. There never was any urban planning to give unity or instill a kind of "spirit" to the places.

---

London cannot be compared, even for a second, with cities like Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Lisboa, Sankt-Petersburg, Istanbul, Amsterdam or Roma.

Its urbanism lacks a clear frame, and as a consequence many smaller British cities share a far more interesting "personality" (Liverpool, Newcastle or Glasgow, for instance).
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm the midst of rethinking my life right now....getting that itch to move / reinvent myself again. I grew up in Seattle and have very fond memories of it. I keep it in my back pocket wherever I go. The smell of rain takes me back home. I live in NYC, which is beautiful, but Seattle/Washington is home. Great place to have kids. Good luck on your move!
    Men themselves have wondered what they see in me. They try so much but they can't touch my inner mystery. I'm a woman. Phenomenally. Phenomenal woman. That's me. /Maya Angelou

violaine

London is cool, I have lived there twice and loved it. It is a wonderful jumping off point for travel. Happy landings, juggernaut.

Banned

Thank you . I have several weeks left. This past weekend was one of the things on my living "bucket list". Any of you who are familiar with Washington state, please feel free to make recommendations of things to do while I wind up this decade of my life. I've been here so long I've forgotten how many wonderful things are available. I get to spend all of June and July here pretending to be a tourist while I pack and get all the paper work done.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

By the way, could you say us again why you're moving to London?

Is it related to your actual job?

7w8 SCUxI

Banned

Graduate school, Philosophy.

Thus the question for the Londoners in the other thread.