Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^according to that reasoning, you should never take them into the house in the first place
    Oversimplifying what I said, obviously. If your logic was a reflection of mine I would have said I want to live outdoors too, but I didn't. I said that they should be allowed some time outside, just as dogs go outside sometimes, just as I go outside sometimes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1, 5

Two days ago, I saw a huge fox rummaging and sniffing around our and our neighbor's front yard. He even came close to the door and didn't seem to be shy. We live in the city and I was quite surprised to see a big fox up close (I've seen quite a few smaller ones, but never one this big). He could have eaten our cat for breakfast.

I heard other people talk about coyotes in the neighborhood, but never actually saw one. That are two reasons why our cat stays indoors. The main reason is, that our cat has asthma and needs daily medication. Last year, he had a bad attack and if I hadn't been home to take him to the vet that day, he could have died, so we can't risk him being outside for a couple of days without medication. In addition, he is allergic to flea, tick and heartworm medication (the whole nine yards), so he stays indoors.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Where I live it's illegal to let dogs outside unless they're on leash or in a secure enclosure. I think it's probably illegal for cats, too, but people have outdoor cats and I don't really mind it since you don't really hear about loose cats mauling toddlers. We had one indoor-outdoor cat before, she had lived with my parents before she lived with us and there was no way we were going to be able to keep her inside. My current cat is indoor-only because when we got her, there was a crazy cat-poisoning lady in our neighborhood. By the time that lady moved away, Sylvia was afraid to go outside more than a few steps on the porch.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Shooting pests, like cats, is perfectly acceptable to me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Thumbs down

Jesus. Do you ever make a post that doesn't contain the words "me" or "I"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

I just imagined you sitting in a rocking chair, with a rifle on your lap, in front of your house in urban/suburban Alexandria. The neighbors heads perk up whenever they hear a shot. The lady down the street has been posting fliers all day, which say "Lost Cat - Reward."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oversimplifying what I said, obviously. If your logic was a reflection of mine I would have said I want to live outdoors too, but I didn't. I said that they should be allowed some time outside, just as dogs go outside sometimes, just as I go outside sometimes.
    Not really. Your argument was that "cats were created to go outdoors".

Personally, I don't think it's a valid argument, but it's yours, not mine, so I don't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I just imagined you sitting in a rocking chair, with a rifle on your lap, in front of your house in urban/suburban Alexandria. The neighbors heads perk up whenever they hear a shot. The lady down the street has been posting fliers all day, which say "Lost Cat - Reward."
    Heheh. In San Diego you could hear the coyotes get them late at night. Then a few days later the posters would go up.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by WordGeek View Post
    I heard other people talk about coyotes in the neighborhood,
    Coyotes ate my cat....in fucking suburban Atlanta. Before that, my sister's cat got run over. Next cat I'm getting is probably going to be an indoor-only cat.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^according to that reasoning, you should never take them into the house in the first place.
    No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]