User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 39

  1. #11
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^according to that reasoning, you should never take them into the house in the first place
    Oversimplifying what I said, obviously. If your logic was a reflection of mine I would have said I want to live outdoors too, but I didn't. I said that they should be allowed some time outside, just as dogs go outside sometimes, just as I go outside sometimes.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1, 5
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Two days ago, I saw a huge fox rummaging and sniffing around our and our neighbor's front yard. He even came close to the door and didn't seem to be shy. We live in the city and I was quite surprised to see a big fox up close (I've seen quite a few smaller ones, but never one this big). He could have eaten our cat for breakfast.

    I heard other people talk about coyotes in the neighborhood, but never actually saw one. That are two reasons why our cat stays indoors. The main reason is, that our cat has asthma and needs daily medication. Last year, he had a bad attack and if I hadn't been home to take him to the vet that day, he could have died, so we can't risk him being outside for a couple of days without medication. In addition, he is allergic to flea, tick and heartworm medication (the whole nine yards), so he stays indoors.

  3. #13
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Where I live it's illegal to let dogs outside unless they're on leash or in a secure enclosure. I think it's probably illegal for cats, too, but people have outdoor cats and I don't really mind it since you don't really hear about loose cats mauling toddlers. We had one indoor-outdoor cat before, she had lived with my parents before she lived with us and there was no way we were going to be able to keep her inside. My current cat is indoor-only because when we got her, there was a crazy cat-poisoning lady in our neighborhood. By the time that lady moved away, Sylvia was afraid to go outside more than a few steps on the porch.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Shooting pests, like cats, is perfectly acceptable to me.

  5. #15
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Thumbs down

    Jesus. Do you ever make a post that doesn't contain the words "me" or "I"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  6. #16
    Just a statistic rhinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    I just imagined you sitting in a rocking chair, with a rifle on your lap, in front of your house in urban/suburban Alexandria. The neighbors heads perk up whenever they hear a shot. The lady down the street has been posting fliers all day, which say "Lost Cat - Reward."

  7. #17
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oversimplifying what I said, obviously. If your logic was a reflection of mine I would have said I want to live outdoors too, but I didn't. I said that they should be allowed some time outside, just as dogs go outside sometimes, just as I go outside sometimes.
    Not really. Your argument was that "cats were created to go outdoors".

    Personally, I don't think it's a valid argument, but it's yours, not mine, so I don't have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  8. #18
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    I just imagined you sitting in a rocking chair, with a rifle on your lap, in front of your house in urban/suburban Alexandria. The neighbors heads perk up whenever they hear a shot. The lady down the street has been posting fliers all day, which say "Lost Cat - Reward."
    Heheh. In San Diego you could hear the coyotes get them late at night. Then a few days later the posters would go up.

  9. #19
    Senior Member lowtech redneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    3,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WordGeek View Post
    I heard other people talk about coyotes in the neighborhood,
    Coyotes ate my cat....in fucking suburban Atlanta. Before that, my sister's cat got run over. Next cat I'm getting is probably going to be an indoor-only cat.

  10. #20
    filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    ^according to that reasoning, you should never take them into the house in the first place.
    No.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. I obsessively spank my cat
    By swordpath in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 08-16-2011, 04:18 PM
  2. Nasty stanky scary bug my cat killed
    By Domino in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 04:53 AM
  3. My cat is too fat
    By Queen Kat in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 04:03 AM
  4. Type my cats!
    By KarenParker in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2009, 06:28 PM
  5. Why do my cats go all NF...
    By norepinephrine in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 12:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO