• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Fish is a Transsexual!

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I mean WTF? When I left my house my fish was a girl but when I came home a week later she was a dude. :shock:

I did some reading later I and found this nugget of information: There is an occasional tendency for a female Swordtail to change sex and develop a "sword" on her tail, especially when old or affected by parasites. She may even attempt courtship with another female, though the majority of the time they are infertile!

Last edited:

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I mean WTF? When I left my house my fish was a girl but when I came home a week later she was a dude. :shock:

I did some reading later I and found this nugget of information: There is an occasional tendency for a female Swordtail to change sex and develop a "sword" on her tail, especially when old or affected by parasites. She may even attempt courtship with another female, though the majority of the time they are infertile!

... Or maybe, it's just a 'she' male undercover, and it missed you. :newwink:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Smells fishy to me.

Maybe he'll pull the Thomas Beattie thing and still give birth to lotsa baby guppies.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
So what do I call it now? A her? A him? I'm so confused.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

Woah! That's weird. :shock:

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
First of all, it's spelled "transsexual."
Well I tried to fix it. But you'll have to get a mod to fix the actual topic title.

You address your fish?
Well 'it' was named Miss Pineapple. And I don't like calling 'it' just Pineapple. :\ Although I have to say 'it' has growth quite an impressive 'sword'. I mean 'its' more well endowed than my other male swordtail was.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well I tried to fix it.

It's too late anyway. We've already made jokes about your misspelling in Oberon's parody of this thread anyway. We're all amused by your lack of spelling aptitude. :)

I would still have been really happy if you had fixed it though. :yes: Because I'm really, really pedantic.
Well 'it' was named Miss Pineapple. And I don't like calling 'it' just Pineapple. :\ Although I have to say 'it' has growth quite an impressive 'sword'. I mean 'its' more well endowed than my other male swordtail was.

What if you just called it Mister Applepine?

Are you telling me you actually take the time and effort to measure the size of swordfish genitalia? I wonder if you're conducting any kind of experiments on these fish?

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are you telling me you actually take the time and effort to measure the size of swordfish genitalia? I wonder if you're conducting any kind of experiments on these fish?
No, I was referring to the actual tail itself. A female swordtail has a rounded tail while a male swordtail's tail looks like a sword. I was commenting on the fact that I was impressed by the amount of tissue my fish had grown in such a short period of time versus its male counterpart.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
No, I was referring to the actual tail itself. A female swordtail has a rounded tail while a male swordtail's tail looks like a sword. I was commenting on the fact that I was impressed by the amount of tissue my fish had grown in such a short period of time versus its male counterpart.

That is impressive, actually. You don't typically see fish growing a lot of tissue after reaching adulthood.

Shaula

Te > Fi > Ni
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
My Fish is a Transsexual! and my hovercraft is full of eels
You know, I'm done with this. My sense of humour has been lost.