User Tag List

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Something's wrong with my Dog

I woke up at 2 this morning, and my dog was trying furiously to get into my bedroom. I opened the door, and Molly was panting and shaking. She has an electric fence, so my immediate reaction was that she had or was being shocked. She was whining. I brought her into my room, because I had my air conditioner on, and the rest of my house is really hot, because I thought she might have been over heating. I gave her some water, but she didn't drink a lot. I watched tv for a while, and kept an eye on her. She didn't lie down like she usually does, she just sat and shivered, and looked at me. She moved and sat in another place. I had to get up early, so I let her out because I wouldn't have been able to get to sleep with her panting. I let her out and she tried really hard to get into my room, darting between my legs and such, but I finally lost my temper (which I now feel bad about ) and forcefully put her on her bed, but she just sat down. I woke up not too long ago, and she was still panting and shaking, and I'm really worried.

It's probably nothing to worry about, but I care about Molly so much that I do worry a lot. Any advice? She's outside now, maybe that will bring her back to normal..

Thanks guys

edit: I don't know if it helps ( I don't know anything about dogs), but she has had a Rabies shot. Just as a reference..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would take her to a vet ASAP. If she was scared, she'd have calmed down not long thereafter. Is it by chance thundering and storming?
    Embrace the possibilities.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

^ Yep, take her to the vet, if itís out of character then there may be something wrong in which case the sooner she gets looked at the better, if not at least youíll have peace of mind.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

We had a friend over last night, and they stayed in our basement. They brought their little black dog, who is pretty mean, but Molly didn't really see her. Perhaps Molly was just scared? It did storm last night, but no thunder. I just got home, and she's still acting funny, but not as bad, as she came up to me and jumped on me when I got home. She's still panting and shaking, and she doesn't role over when I go to pet her stomach. She's not in heat or anything.

My dad says she's just scared from the other dog, because Molly is just a whimp. I feel like it's more than that. Her eyes are wide open, and I feel a bad vibe coming from her. I'll consider the vets.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think she'd still be shaking from being scared all this time later. If she's been acting funny for hours, I would take her to the vet, just to be sure.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Dude. Get her to a vet immediately. When my dogs freaked out, they'd get calm again after some reassurance. But I had a beagle who had seizures and he'd act very strangely right before one hit. You need to be sure she isn't having a medical problem.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTJ

Vet. Please.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    infp

I'm weighing in with the "take her to the vets now" group, even if it turns out to be nothing (except money you might not have right now) at least you will have some peace of mind.

Hope she is ok though.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Agreed. Spend less time considering taking her to the vet and more time taking her to the vet.