17 51.52%
  • i eat fish only

0 0%
First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I raised a pig last year, didn't do anything to it I wouldn't have done to or eaten myself. Well, with the exception of putting a bullet in it's head. Anyway, I decided if I couldn't buy a baby, raise it up, treat it well and slaughter it myself I had no right eating pork. I felt like I needed to earn that right instead of just walking into a store and buying whatever all neat like in a package.

It turns out I had no troubles what so ever with any of that so I eat pork with a clear conscious now.

It's not something I wanna do again really but it also isn't something I would avoid. If I had a bigger family and enough wasted food to feed a pig I would keep one for that reason all the time.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I would recommend eating kosher meat if your want your animals slaughtered humanely, but you won't find kosher pork anywhere.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I already abstain from pork for health reasons.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Oh plz, more estranged maxims from the alienated pseudo-moral vegan impulse .......

Tell me, those of you planning on dying someday - are you going to care when something consumes you, be it an animal, a crematory fire, a slury of worms or a colony of bacteria? Are you going to put up some big fuss as YOUR biomaterial gets renewed and reused?

You're damn right if you say you won't care, and a pig doesn't give 2 shits what you do with his body after you kill the poor bastard.

The whole moral problem is about their suffering as another legitimate lifeform, not the fact you eat their meat.

That being said, more pig for me the more that abstain, so keep that pig chow up, so i can chow down more pig.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I would recommend eating kosher meat if your want your animals slaughtered humanely, but you won't find kosher pork anywhere.
    This is true, but if you buy from small local farms (try your farmer's market) you can be sure the pigs are treated much more humanely than those in a factory farm.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I like ham and bacon too much. No thanks.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Funny. I didn't end up abstaining then. But I do now for religious reasons. And it's been pretty easy, save for the times when I want a bacon cheeseburger.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

If I don't balance my diet with fruit and vegetables. Then my stomach is going to give me the finger. As much as I love meat, I need to listen to that bastard.

WhoCares

The thing is, abstaining from eating pork will do nothing to improve the plight of factory farmed pigs. They will still be raised in cages and walked into an abattoir. No matter how many people abstain there will still be demand for factory farmed pigs. So what are we assuaging with abstinence?Just our own sense of guilt? Nice for us but means nothing to pigs.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Yes. But. One person can change his or her small little corner of the world.

Did you know that in the Garden of Eden, man was vegetarian?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com