• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what is your favorite flower and why?

Qre:us

^ My roommate bought a whole bouquet of them to cheer herself up, pink & white, whole living room brightened.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
my fave is sunflowers.

'cause, by god, if i ever get a bouquet of flowers, i want it to be taller than i am.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
orchids.. so strange and delicate and the colours and patterns vary so widely.

riel

MBTI Type
ISFP
White roses--because I see them rarely and looking at them feels refreshing :)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Blue Daisies.

bluedaisy.jpg

Because I like blue, I like daisies, and I like things that are a little unusual without being totally weird.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I'm guessing, by now Papaver rhoeas has already gotten a slew of mentions. But, yeah.

bananafish

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
_lycoris+radiata+(red+spider+lily).JPG

Red spider lilies<3
In Japanese, they're called Higanbana.

In Hanakotoba ("flower meaning"), they mean "Never to meet again/Lost memory/Abandonment".

I'm also quite partial to orange lilies and and tiger lilies.
I LOVE lilies! :D

I also seem to be attracted to forget-me-nots for some reason...

458931962_7ac80d2d0a.jpg

Usually, I don't really like the color blue, but this flower just speaks to me.

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is my favorite flower - it originates from Japan - fitting because of my past...

wisteria-dc-apr-081.jpg

Dan Fogelberg wrote a song in the early 70's about a girl named after this flower and I've always loved it since my childhood.

[YOUTUBE="-GtBjND0dE4"]Dan Fogelberg[/YOUTUBE]

It's called 'Wisteria'. I shortened 'Wisteria' and changed the 'i' to 'y', and that's how I chose my screen name here.

wolfy

awsm
This is my favorite flower - it originates from Japan - fitting because of my past...

Dan Fogelberg wrote a song in the early 70's about a girl named after this flower and I've always loved it since my childhood.

It's called 'Wisteria'. I shortened it and changed the first 'i' to 'y', and that's how I chose my screen name here.

You might enjoy this site. Ashikaga Flower Park. Close to my place, they have the most amazing Wisteria.

2463791166_be58409791.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

wisteria-dc-apr-081.jpg

[YOUTUBE="-GtBjND0dE4"]Dan Fogelberg[/YOUTUBE]

It's called 'Wisteria'. I shortened 'Wisteria' and changed the 'i' to 'y', and that's how I chose my screen name here.

Awww we call that 'Blue Rain' in Dutch. It's sooo beautiful. Also kinda invasive and pushy though. That thing can tear apart a building and spreads like wildfire, just so you know :alttongue:

Still, it's incredibly beautiful to have it framing your front door. There's plenty of people here that plant it for that reason :)

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

wisteria-dc-apr-081.jpg

Actually, your picture shows a Wisteria sinensis. And as the name suggests, this plant originates from China, not Japan.

---

On the other hand, the old Wisteria shown in the Ashikaga flower park is a true Japanese Wisteria (Wisteria floribunda var. Longissima). You can guess it because the hanging racemes are much longer than with the Chinese Wisteria.

wolfy

awsm
A couple of people mentioned this so here is a video of it. I recently watched a documentary about how they relocated it to the park. It was amazing what they did.

[YOUTUBE="pTa1JrOe85Y"]Ashikaga Flower Park Wisteria[/YOUTUBE]

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Ipomoea alba

moonflower.jpg

i am not normally much of a flower person, but i do like flowers like this one that Orangey posted. i like simple flowers with large petals and single colors. i have always liked the hibiscus:

Hibiscus_rosa-sinensis.jpg

those wisteria remind me of banyan trees, in the way that they spread out from a centralized source, and make a canopy:

largest_banyan_tree.jpg