• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what is your favorite flower and why?

sculpting

So Ladies, if your loving one says he wants to offer you orchids, beware. If it's a spike of B. beccarii, I'm not sure how you should interpret the message, maybe a call to personal hygiene?[/QUOTE]

But they are so PRETTY!!!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Kangirl, I love those pink peonies, they look like that silky pink wrapping paper they use in stores to protect delicate things.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm tempted to say:

bluebell.jpg

Anyway, my actual favourites tend to be bright red, big and somewhat unusual looking.

Waratahs (native to Australia):

waratah.jpg

Protea (maybe from South Africa? dunno):

protea-large.jpg

I love the furriness - fun to pat. And they last forever on the plant or in a vase.

sade

I'll be a bore.
Besides Lily of the valley (Convallaria majalis),
Geranium sylvaticum, it brings my childhood to mind.
038.jpg
metsakurjenpolvi.jpg

And Comarum palustre. I love the old fashioned look it has, and the color..
comarumpalu.jpg

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww, I completely forgot about forget-me-nots :D

My fav colour and such a sweet little flower :blush:

forgetmenot3411.jpg
'

Forget_me_not_by_amethyste.jpg

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Carnations, because they're ruffles upon ruffles and they smell so good.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
wHey Blackmail,

What is this one???

I'd say a cultivar of Romulea bulbocodium, a fine little specie that is native to the shores of the Mediterranea. Or Romulea atrandra, which comes from the Cape area of South Africa, and which is also quite common in cultivation.

But since the differences between the 80 &+ species of Romulea are not that obvious when you only look at their flowers, it could also be R. phoenicia, or an hybrid. Also look for R. rosea, R violacea, R. eximia, R cruciata, R. autumnalis, R. dichotoma... etc...

Anyway, a lot of botanists consider that 80% of rose Romulea species are in fact mere varieties of R. atrandra.

The shape and real size of the whole plant could have told us a lot. And also where your friend has found it.

sculpting

I'd say a cultivar of Romulea bulbocodium, a fine little specie that is native to the shores of the Mediterranea. Or Romulea atrandra, which comes from the Cape area of South Africa, and which is also quite common in cultivation.

But since the differences between the 80 &+ species of Romulea are not that obvious when you only look at their flowers, it could also be R. phoenicia, or an hybrid. Also look for R. rosea, R violacea, R. eximia, R cruciata, R. autumnalis, R. dichotoma... etc...

Anyway, a lot of botanists consider that 80% of rose Romulea species are in fact varieties of R. atrandra.

The shape and real size of the whole plant could have told us a lot.

My guess is the species near Isreal but I will confirm with the originator.

Thanks!!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
If the plant is from Australia, then it's Romulea rosea, a subvariety of R. atrandra.

Romulea rosea has been accidentally introduced here, and it has become now quite common, especially along the roads. Fortunately, even if it's rather widespread (from Perth to Tasmania), it's not very invasive and does not threaten or really compete with the local flora.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I fucking hate all flowers.
I fucking hate them.
With the most violent hatred I can muster, I hate all flowers.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Don't mistake me for a bitch.
And this is a work onset hatred. It doesn't have [as much] to do with hormones.

sculpting

I fucking hate all flowers.
I fucking hate them.
With the most violent hatred I can muster, I hate all flowers.

I hate flowers -- I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move.
O'Keeffe, Georgia

dont worry, the flowers love you....