• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beautiful Meadow of Flowers!

maliafee

I just wanted to share this beautiful seed packet I found at my local nursery. I am so excited to plant some beautiful flower beds this weekend.

Anyone ever plant those seed mixes that come in a packet? Anyone have success with doing them all together like that? I usually plant things one by one... but I'm not too worried...

Here's the seed packet, and the flowers!

FairyMeadowSeedBlend.jpg

AlyssumCarpetofSnow.jpg

CABabyBlueEyes.jpg

CAPoppy.jpg

CAbluebell.jpg

CandyTuft.jpg

ChineseForgetMeNot.jpg

CornPoppy.jpg

CreepingDaisy.jpg

DwarfColumbine.jpg

DwarfFoxglove.jpg

ForgetMeNot.jpg

JohnnyJumpUp.jpg

MaidenPinks.jpg

ShowyEveningPrimrose.jpg

SpurredSnapdragon.jpg

SwissGiantPansy.jpg

TussockBellflower.jpg

WinterThyme.jpg

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's going to be too gorgeous. Promise you'll post pictures.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Oh, that'll be lovely. Looks like a perennial garden--which are the best! My aunt has one in her backyard and in the spring it looks like a wildflower explosion. The best part about those kinds of gardens is that they usually have this nice overgrown look.

maliafee

Oh wow... just realized I wrote "beautiful" three times (once in the title, twice in the OP haha). I must look silly! :D

Anyway, I will definitely post pictures. I'm planting a bit late, but supposedly they last all summer and Spring came late this year here...

It's so funny because on the seed packet is of course info about planting, but they weave in stuff about fairies every few words (the fairies will make themselves right at home in a garden like this, the fairies will love it, etc.). :)

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Some of them might disguise themselves as butterflies, is all.

juggernaut

Permabanned
I love flowers. I mean I love, love, love them. They're one of the few things that can make me stop juggernaut-ing about and sit still for a few moments. I don't live in a "house" anymore, so I don't really have the time or space to garden myself but I did love gardening when I did. I think that variety is going to be beautiful. Are they all annuals?

*experiencing twinges of F*

sculpting

maybe in CA they will be pretty and grow. Here in tejas I have to buy everything as annuals plants and watch it die as the sun roasts it to death, the bugs devour it, or it withers and dies due to the high pH of the soil.

I have CA flower envy......

PLEASE post pretty pictures!!!!

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Here's the seed packet, and the flowers!

Well, the goal of "seed mixes" is not to see the plant separated, but guessing how they will "work" together...

Usually, it's not that simple. Most of the time, I select each specie very carefully in the "mixes" I recommend for my projects. Even with annuals or biennials, the goal is not to make them compete with each other (same ecosystem), and to have an interesting effect throughout the entire year.

For instance, Field Poppies, Cornflowers and Corncockles are a classic sample of good interaction. They come from the same biomes, the same soils, but they belong to entirely different botanical families and hence present an intrinsic variety of appearances and striking colours.

It's a complex science.

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I love wildflowers, Maliafee! I always dream about planting my own 5 acres with wildflower mixes and natural grasses and then just mowing little pathways through it to walk on. *sigh*