• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Weird Spider -- Should I Kill It!?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Wolf Spider with babies, Rrrrraaaaaaawww! I found one like this once in the bathroom and squished it, many of the babies dispersed and what ensued was mass spider bloodshed even before their first instar, so wrong but it felt so right.

Wolf%20Spider%20with%20babies%204-23-08%201.JPG

I am not arachnophobic. But this picture affected me probably more than any other picture I've ever seen. :shock: My BP is rising. I feel I should save it, but at the same time, I don't want a permanent connection to it.

Edit: That spider is so ugly that I do not merely want to kill it, I want to inflict the maximum pain possible on it. :shock:

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I want to add-

About killing extremely small animals-

Do you really think twice about it? Sure, you have to make a decision whether or not to kill it, but...

What I want to ask is difficult to phrase. What was your primary purpose of making this thread? It wasn't to decide whether or not to kill the spider, like the name of the thread would have you believe, right? That is, the decision would not matter one way or the other, and you were just curious about what kind of spider it was for the sake of knowledge, right? Plus, you're an INTJ, for god's sake, an INTJ with ice-water for blood!

I'm curious also about the INTP LII who said "dont kill it, please." It took me a moment to interpret this response at face value because it was surely sarcastic...or was it? Does anyone really care one way or the other? This is a serious question.

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Jumping spiders are harmless. If I didn't get any ire for it, I'd release about 50 into my house to clean out the bugs.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
i'm an arachnophobe and even i say don't kill a spider, ever, unless your safety is actually at risk.. oh, and there are some truly horrific images in this thread! i'm going to run away now.

Maxwell22290

MBTI Type
ISFP
You should always kill spiders. My dad almost lost his leg cause he got bit by a brown recluse. Kill it, who cares what it is.

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
As a spiderslaying extraordinaire, I have to agree with Risen. Also, I am a professional container-opener ladies. Just throwing it out there.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Personally I think spiders are kind of cute. Especially the little dark ones with stumpy legs. They're like many-eyed kittens. Macro photos do, however, manage to render them into terrifying beasts.

As a spiderslaying extraordinaire, I have to agree with Risen. Also, I am a professional container-opener ladies. Just throwing it out there.

Let's keep the spiders, but I've got this jar of peaches I've been trying to open all day ;)

SubjectA

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Wolf Spider with babies, Rrrrraaaaaaawww! I found one like this once in the bathroom and squished it, many of the babies dispersed and what ensued was mass spider bloodshed even before their first instar, so wrong but it felt so right.

Wolf%20Spider%20with%20babies%204-23-08%201.JPG

OMG. That story and picture is disturbing. I bet that's what hell is like. :shock:

When I was still living in MI, by dad decided to flood out these little holes he saw in the yard, and out came a huge spider. It was shiny and black, with a big round abdomen that had yellow tiger-like stripes on it. That thing was about the size of a large marshmallow. He had the nerve to catch it and bring it in the house to show it to me. :horor: I don't know what kind it is though. Anyone know?

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I killed one of those last time, and the babies spread out I was surprised because I didn't know some spiders carried their babies like that. And yes a massive stomping spree occurred.