User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Challenge your Inner Chef

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ Ya'll gave two great recipes there

Halla I do almost everything you mentioned. Sometimes I cook it with no ground meat and meatballs, sometimes with mushrooms chopped to replace ground beef.. and sometimes I really like to mix in ground italian sausage with the spaghetti sauce. Ooo thats the best! I read somewhere that replacing mushrooms with meat one meal a week will help you out when trying to eat better.

Mali - I've never tried to make pesto before, but as easy as you made it sound how can I resist??
    It really is that easy.

I should mention, if you (or anybody else) want exact amounts, I'll give 'em to you, but it's much more fun to eyeball with something like this and then add more of this and that, to taste. In that way you get your own personal pesto that fits your particular pleasure.

Have a great time with it!

Taco Salad.

- ground beef
    - onion
    - mexican/taco seasoning (buy from store or make your own if you have the spices on hand)
    - beans: I usually go with refried, but whole pintos are good too
    - lettuce
    - tomato
    - cucumber
    - chopped olives
    - avocado
    - salad dressing of choice (ranch, ceasar and italian all work)

Dice the onion and sautee in skillet with a touch of oil. When translucent, add ground beef, breaking up into small pieces as it browns. When it's mostly broken up, dump in seasoning to taste. Add some salt if seasoning doesn't have any. I like to add a couple grinds of pepper as well. When meat is thoroughly cooked, remove from heat and cover or tent with foil to keep warm. Chop or tear the lettuce into salad-size pieces. Dice the tomato and chop the cumber. Avocado can either be sliced or chunked. Heat the beans. Cover bottom of bowl with a thin layer of lettuce. Top with scoops of beef and beans. Top that with more lettuce, cucumber, tomato, olives and avocado. Pour dressing over and eat. Alternatively, you can pre-dress the vegetables in a separate bowl if you prefer the dressing more evenly distributed.

Easy, fast, simple, tasty.

FC's Bachelor Goodness -

Preperation Time - 1 Hour of Work
    Required - Cashed Paycheck
    Can be found in - Vending machine
    Flavor - Varies

Guzzle cola and throw away can.

If you are feeling up to actually cooking something, you may try my daily necessity -

Preperation Time - 1 Minute
    Required - Microwave
    Can be found in - Grocery store
    Flavor - Tastes fishy

Hack off the scales and enjoy the awesomeness of kipper snacks.

I'm partial to ramen noodles as well. They don't come out the greatest in the microwave, so don't even bother.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.

4, 7

Salmon Omlette:

1 can of Alaskan Salmon
    1 Avocado
    1/4 Onion (purple for color)
    1 stalk Green Onion
    Few Mushrooms

1/3 Bell Pepper (Red + Green)

1 Small Roma Tomato (chopped)

Added to eggs:
    1 1/2 Tsp Tamarind Powder
    1/4 Tsp Sugar
    1/5 Tsp Salt

1. Add aromatics
    2. Add Salmon, sautee for a few minutes (not too long)
    3. Add bell peppers + tomato.
    4. Add bowl of scrambled eggs with premixed ingredients.

Crack some black pepper. Plate up with chopped avocado. Enjoy..

Black Bean, Mango and Quinoa salad ~~~~~

(and yes, that's actually my photo! it's a very photogenic salad)

1 mango, peeled and cut into small dice.
    1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced as small as you can get it.
    1 cup chopped scallions.
    1 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
    2 tablespoons grapeseed oil. (or vegetable oil works OK)
    2-3 tablespoons of wine vinegar.
    1/4 tsp. salt (1/2 tsp. if using Kosher salt)
    2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled.
    1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed.

*** to cook quinoa, rinse 1 cup of dry grains in a sieve until the water stops being foamy, then add it to a pot with 1.5 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Cover, boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the water is gone and it's just starting to smell nutty/cooked. Let it cool completely before adding to the rest of the ingredients, though - I totally cooked my fresh herbs and mango the first time I tried this.

Anyway, once it's cool, toss everything together and mange. This is like, the best recipe in the whole world during the summertime! and adding a hot pepper wouldn't be uncalled for, either.