• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Where Would You Go?

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
'pparently, the sushi in Japan isn't that good.

Don't know who told you that but they're 100% wrong.

Re: revolution in Tibet - no thanks, I don't want to fight the Chinese Army. They scary!

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Well he's wrong. Seriously, I defy anyone to find another person who is serious about food who thinks the best sushi in the world is to be found *outside* Japan. (I'm not saying this angrily at you...just saying it)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well he's wrong. Seriously, I defy anyone to find another person who is serious about food who thinks the best sushi in the world is to be found *outside* Japan. (I'm not saying this angrily at you...just saying it)

Japan's sushi is inferior.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Start with Peru, Argentina & Chile - South America

BN14141_3.jpg
BN22122_36.jpg
BN22122_92.jpg

BN2616_3.jpg
Lake-Titicaca.jpg
MACHUPICCHU_STONE.jpg

f_35b30c7304d8.jpg

Then move on to Ghana, Ughanda, Seychelles and/or Malawi - Africa

BN1082_15.jpg
BN2797_18.jpg
BN207_104.jpg

BN246_303.jpg
BN1083_21.jpg
lionBotswana.jpg

GHANESEINACCRA.jpg
BN4472_4.jpg
BN22730_5.jpg

Finish up trekking in Bhutan & Nepal - Asia

NEPAL10.jpg
NEPAL7.jpg
NEPAL8.jpg

BHUTAN11.jpg
THIMPHU.jpg
BN457_30.jpg

That'll do for starters :D

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd go on a culinary vacation to Italy. Rome, Florence, Naples, the Amalfi Coast. And I'd take cooking classes in each place to learn to make the local fare. And then you may take a number to come to dinner at my house :)

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Japan's sushi is inferior.

Are you taking the piss Costrin, or are you serious? If it's the latter, why? WHYYY?

Trinity - You're adventurousness impresses me. I'd need to tag along with someone like you so I could hide behind you and tremble out of sight.

laintpe

Summer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'd like to see India, Alaska, Siberia, and a million other places. I wouldn't want to stay in touristy areas. My dad bummed around Europe when he was 16 (he had family in Germany) and claims to have appreciated the countryside more than the cities. His dad hitchhiked from CA to NY around the same age to visit his dad, I think that would be how I'd want to get around... well, given certain dangers, maybe not hitchhiking, but something a little less routine than flying and driving.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I really don't know where I should go now. I've already visited many interesting places, but there are a few I'd like to see again and again.

For instance:

d1uS7szlRfvA66l1Al.jpg

Golden Pavilion, Kyoto (Japan)

[If Peguy is a fan of Mishima, he should worship the place]

---

But maybe I'd do just like Captain Chick, should our trails meet around the Roraima (Venezuela):

mount-roraima-60896-sw.jpg

(a heaven for botanists!)

---

The problem is that when you live in Paris, you're quite close to many incredible landscapes and works of art, urbanism and architecture, so you don't need to go very far away. Venice, the Mont Saint-Michel, Il Lago di Como, Amsterdam, the Pyramids, Santorin...

Even New York City is only a few hours away in plane. And despite what Americans would claim, New-York is an extension of Europe inside the American continent.

Also Iran, as a whole, is perhaps the most beautiful country in the world, if there weren't the Mollahs's regime. :(
Anybody who has been able to reach a town like Masuleh would understand why.

---

And if you ask about Paradise?
Well I've always been fond of Isles, especially since I was born on one.

It could be either Jura (Scotland), Bali (Indonesia) or Moorea (French Polynesia).

For those who want to know what "Moorea" is:

moorea_1024x768.jpg

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Is that the Amazon rainforest, Levitas?! it looks exactly like the rainforest at home (British Columbia, Canada - like, *exactly*) - where are the brightly coloured parrots and scary jaguars?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Is that the Amazon rainforest, Levitas?! it looks exactly like the rainforest at home (British Columbia, Canada - like, *exactly*) - where are the brightly coloured parrots and scary jaguars?

You don't have treeferns in British Colombia! :huh:

I would rather say that this forest landscape looks like New-Zealand, Tasmania, Australia or some island in the Pacific (could be Juan Fernandez in Chile)...

(There's not a lot of treeferns of the Dicksoniaceae family in Amazonia by the way, so this is curious. I'm almost 100% sure that this picture has not been taken there)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But maybe I'd do just like Captain Chick, should our trails meet around the Roraima (Venezuela):

mount-roraima-60896-sw.jpg

(a heaven for botanists!)

That. Looks. AMAZING!

*adds to list*

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I don't know about specific species but we definitely have ferns in the forest in BC. Everywhere. They do a good job of soaking you to the waist if it's raining.

Are you talking about those plants in the photo that look like they have about 1m+ of trunk and then ferns? I thought maybe that was just normal ferns growing on top of dead trees (nurse trees) which made me think it could be BC. That photo just doesn't look tropical to me. Levitas needs to tell us!

Edit: Agree with Pink on the photo. Imagine hang-gliding over that. Gah.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How could I leave out India?! Yikes. Peru looks awesome too.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I don't know about specific species but we definitely have ferns in the forest in BC. Everywhere. They do a good job of soaking you to the waist if it's raining.

Are you talking about those plants in the photo that look like they have about 1m+ of trunk and then ferns? I thought maybe that was just normal ferns growing on top of dead trees (nurse trees) which made me think it could be BC. That photo just doesn't look tropical to me. Levitas needs to tell us!

Edit: Agree with Pink on the photo. Imagine hang-gliding over that. Gah.

Again, I've been plenty of times in BC, especially in Carmanah, and believe me, there are NO treeferns there. Not a single specie.
Before I became a landscape architect, I was extensively trained in Botany, and especially in tropical biotopes from high altitude.

Anyway, you're right about this picture: It hasn't been taken into a tropical forest, but into a wet subtropical one. Again, my primary guesses are somewhere around New Zealand or Tasmania.

I'm sure anybody either trained in botany (Captain Chick for instance) or from Australia could confirm it.