User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Mars.
    On $20,000? NASA can't even order lunch for that!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    On $20,000? NASA can't even order lunch for that!
    First I'd use the $20,000 to buy Iceland. Next I'd use the geothermal energy to locate and fuel my secret base. The rest, as they say, is a travesty.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I really don't know where I should go now. I've already visited many interesting places, but there are a few I'd like to see again and again.

For instance:

Golden Pavilion, Kyoto (Japan)

[If Peguy is a fan of Mishima, he should worship the place]

---

But maybe I'd do just like Captain Chick, should our trails meet around the Roraima (Venezuela):

(a heaven for botanists!)

---

The problem is that when you live in Paris, you're quite close to many incredible landscapes and works of art, urbanism and architecture, so you don't need to go very far away. Venice, the Mont Saint-Michel, Il Lago di Como, Amsterdam, the Pyramids, Santorin...

Even New York City is only a few hours away in plane. And despite what Americans would claim, New-York is an extension of Europe inside the American continent.

Also Iran, as a whole, is perhaps the most beautiful country in the world, if there weren't the Mollahs's regime.
    Anybody who has been able to reach a town like Masuleh would understand why.

---

And if you ask about Paradise?
    Well I've always been fond of Isles, especially since I was born on one.

It could be either Jura (Scotland), Bali (Indonesia) or Moorea (French Polynesia).

For those who want to know what "Moorea" is:

"A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ

Is that the Amazon rainforest, Levitas?! it looks exactly like the rainforest at home (British Columbia, Canada - like, *exactly*) - where are the brightly coloured parrots and scary jaguars?
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Is that the Amazon rainforest, Levitas?! it looks exactly like the rainforest at home (British Columbia, Canada - like, *exactly*) - where are the brightly coloured parrots and scary jaguars?
    You don't have treeferns in British Colombia!

I would rather say that this forest landscape looks like New-Zealand, Tasmania, Australia or some island in the Pacific (could be Juan Fernandez in Chile)...

(There's not a lot of treeferns of the Dicksoniaceae family in Amazonia by the way, so this is curious. I'm almost 100% sure that this picture has not been taken there)
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    But maybe I'd do just like Captain Chick, should our trails meet around the Roraima (Venezuela):

(a heaven for botanists!)
    That. Looks. AMAZING!

*adds to list*

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't know about specific species but we definitely have ferns in the forest in BC. Everywhere. They do a good job of soaking you to the waist if it's raining.

Are you talking about those plants in the photo that look like they have about 1m+ of trunk and then ferns? I thought maybe that was just normal ferns growing on top of dead trees (nurse trees) which made me think it could be BC. That photo just doesn't look tropical to me. Levitas needs to tell us!

Edit: Agree with Pink on the photo. Imagine hang-gliding over that. Gah.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

How could I leave out India?! Yikes. Peru looks awesome too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I don't know about specific species but we definitely have ferns in the forest in BC. Everywhere. They do a good job of soaking you to the waist if it's raining.

Are you talking about those plants in the photo that look like they have about 1m+ of trunk and then ferns? I thought maybe that was just normal ferns growing on top of dead trees (nurse trees) which made me think it could be BC. That photo just doesn't look tropical to me. Levitas needs to tell us!

Edit: Agree with Pink on the photo. Imagine hang-gliding over that. Gah.
    Again, I've been plenty of times in BC, especially in Carmanah, and believe me, there are NO treeferns there. Not a single specie.
    Before I became a landscape architect, I was extensively trained in Botany, and especially in tropical biotopes from high altitude.

Anyway, you're right about this picture: It hasn't been taken into a tropical forest, but into a wet subtropical one. Again, my primary guesses are somewhere around New Zealand or Tasmania.

I'm sure anybody either trained in botany (Captain Chick for instance) or from Australia could confirm it.

7w8 SCUxI