• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alligators and other friends in Florida [Geoff's Pictures]

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
What blog title? Where? Have you forgotten I'm an idiot? Explanayshins needid.

When I am living in the UK it seems that a disproportionate amount of people I meet have plans to go to Florida. I'm genuinely curious about why this is. Why Florida? Canadians seem to want to go to New Zealand, which also makes little sense to me, because NZ just seems like Canada-South to me, in many ways.

Sorry my Blog has "Englishman" in the title. Nevermind.

Canadians want to go to New Zealand because Canadian winter is New Zealand Summer (warm!)

Brits want to go to Florida because British winter = warm in Florida.

I also know more than a few Canadians who winter in Florida :p

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I just read an article today that ILLEGAL! Canadians are sneaking across our northern borders to winter in northern parts of our country as well.

Geez. We got the job-seeking Mexicans on one side; the frost-bitten Canadians on the other side. What to do?

PanAmerica, here we come. :smile:

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I just read an article today that ILLEGAL! Canadians are sneaking across our northern borders to winter in northern parts of our country as well.

Geez. We got the job-seeking Mexicans on one side; the frost-bitten Canadians on the other side. What to do?

PanAmerica, here we come. :smile:

Yeah, because North Dakota has desirable winter weather, it's a haven for Canadians. :D

You need to post more photos, Geoff, or we'll post more drivel.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Sorry my Blog has "Englishman" in the title. Nevermind.

Canadians want to go to New Zealand because Canadian winter is New Zealand Summer (warm!)

Brits want to go to Florida because British winter = warm in Florida.

I also know more than a few Canadians who winter in Florida :p

I think anyplace cold in winter those people like going to florida in the winter. I know I do. it's warm and you don't see snow all the time.which is great the first few snows but by the 3rd month of it you don't care if it ever snows again.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was in St. Augustine about a week and half ago, and at Crescent Beach, too.

Beautiful pictures, Geoff. Florida is an awesome place.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Good gator photo, the water came through nice in it too.

That edge of St Augustine Fort photo is definitely mag worthy.