User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default Pot Pies: Food of the Gods?

Okay, this is going to make me sound like a yokel, but so be it: I fucking love pot pies. Not the frozen Stouffer's kind, though. Those blow. But a real, home made pot pie, with veggies and perhaps chicken and a gravy of... whatever that stuff is? Divine.

A friend of mine made a root vegetable pot pie for us last Fall when we visited for dinner. It was the best pot pie I have ever had. It had white potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, carrots, and onions, with a cheesy cream sauce. Later on I tried to recreate it but it just wasn't the same. (Probably because she used heavy cream and I used skim milk, but I just can't justify that for everyday cooking.)

Tomorrow I've decided to make a pot pie. I haven't had one since the winter. It's not really a summer food, but fuckit, I'm going to have a pot pie in August. Is that so wrong?! Can't do the root veggie one since there's no butternut squash yet, but it'll be good without that. I'll probably steam white potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots. I'll saute some onions in some buttah, and then mix in some milk and flour. I'll probably add some peas for color. I've got a kick-ass recipe for a sour cream based crust that is wonderful with savory pies, but this time I'm just using the roll-out kind from the refrigerator section.

Dinner is going to kick ass tomorrow!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Ivy PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG of you to let me come over for dinner!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

lol my son can NOT have his food mixed up so it's been far too long since I've had a stew or even a pot pie for that matter...... *sigh*
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    Ivy PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG of you to let me come over for dinner!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!
    Heh. I was thinking that it's too bad I live so far from her, otherwise I'd try to invite myself over.
    Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    lol my son can NOT have his food mixed up so it's been far too long since I've had a stew or even a pot pie for that matter...... *sigh*
    I hate that. Pot pies, casseroles, and one dish meals are so delicious and nutritious, but that would be too easy. :rolli:
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You can both come!

MBTI
    enfp

*sigh* that would be literally DELICIOUS to do. But yeah I know you're far away from me as well......
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENFJ

Ivy I wish you would adopt me. I would stay and eat your pot pies well after your kids grow up and go to college and all that nonsense.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Ivy I wish you would adopt me. I would stay and eat your pot pies well after your kids grow up and go to college and all that nonsense.
    Hey, I've got a couch. Come on down!

(Am I going to regret saying that?)

MBTI
    enfp

wait wait wait Ivy you must make him provide woms childcare for thing 1 and thing 2 though... I mean after all..... lol....
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

That's a pretty good idea! As soon as I run the fingerprint and criminal background checks and check his references and Google him to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That's a pretty good idea! As soon as I run the fingerprint and criminal background checks and check his references and Google him to death.
    I had to pay $100 once to get googled to death. It was totally worth it.