User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default bringing food to work

I work downtown and so far it's been easiest to just go a few feet to the nearest eatery and pay out the ass for something that tastes like smoker sputum and/or has several distinct hairs protruding from it, but that luxurious lifestyle is really starting to take its toll on my pocketbook.

So does anyone have recipe ideas for lunches to bring to work? Preferably something more interesting and healthier than pb&j and chips 5 days a week. Also, I know how to use the internet so don't just copy/paste the first thing you find on google. Personal experience would be ideal.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I work downtown and so far it's been easiest to just go a few feet to the nearest eatery and pay out the ass for something that tastes like smoker sputum and/or has several distinct hairs protruding from it, but that luxurious lifestyle is really starting to take its toll on my pocketbook.

So does anyone have recipe ideas for lunches to bring to work? Preferably something more interesting and healthier than pb&j and chips 5 days a week. Also, I know how to use the internet so don't just copy/paste the first thing you find on google. Personal experience would be ideal.
    Buy a bag of about 4 chicken quarters/legs Take the skin and obvious fat off and bake them with a little spices.. a sprinkle of something mexican works well. Take them in with a salad, or some decent crusty bread. If your work has a microwave, makes it hot chicken.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Rice-based things. Jambalaya and stuff.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

I usually take onigiri (rice balls) Quick to make and quick to eat. Convenient.
    Tuna mayo is my favourite.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

soup is easy...lots of different sandwiches or pasta is easy to make the night before and take...salads with a chk breast. i like those amy's enchillada things and i can't remember the brand but there's some yummy indian food microwavable dinners too.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I make onigiri a lot and eat it on the go It's really easy, takes almost no money, and it's transportable rice.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post

I was so hyped to suggest this until I read your post

Honestly I make PB+J [crunchy or gtfo] and sunchips/celery/carrots like every day. Love it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yum...me too jock i love them.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Everything's funner if you put it in a bento box. At least if you're an NF. I don't know if this rule applies to NTs.

The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Chicken salad with celery, grapes, apples, and Triscuits.

P.S. Instead of mayonnaise, use fat-free Greek yogurt, juice of a lemon, some brown sugar, salt, pepper, and a spoon of Dijon mustard.

If you cook up several chicken breasts for chicken salad, you can use the broth for soup -- chop up one of the chicken breasts, add diced carrots, celery, leeks, a little tarragon, a splash of white wine if you have it, some leftover rice, or what have you.