- 6 pkgs chicken breast pairs, whole (so about a dozen)
- 2 1lb pkgs ground bison (makes 8-10 bison burgers, it'll last me forever)
- 2-3 cans sardines (in hot sauce), tuna in water
- huge bag of vacuum sealed salmon fillets (if I can get the INTP bestfriend to take me to COSTCO; she has a membership)
- 50/50 fresh spinach/spring mix (2 big tubs)
- fresh kale
- red & green peppers
- vine ripe tomatoes, approx 6
- whole-grain pumpernickel bagels (2 bags - 1 goes in the freezer)
- 2 4packs blueberry Greek nonfat yogurt
- eggs (dozen)
- nonfat cream cheese (8oz pkg)
- pepper jack cheese (10 slice pack)
- bag of gala apples
- mangoes (probably 2-3, the selection is usually shit)
- bag of small sweet potatoes
- 1 spaghetti squash
- portabello mushrooms (small ones & the huge caps)
- coffee (K-cups, or a bag of fine-ground if the stupid store has a grinder - works in my Keurig 2.0 since I hacked it awhile back - I keep forgetting to make the switch from standard k-cups)
- unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- stevia packets
- carrot juice
- spicy (red pepper/jalepeno) hummus
- whole wheat burger buns (for bison burgers sometime - these go from freezer to the toaster)
- Worcestershire sauce
- light balsalmic vinaigrette dressing
- either Kemp's Dark Chocolate Almond frozen yogurt or Stonyfield Farms After Dark Chocolate frozen yogurt
- 1-2 lb bag of almonds, whole.
- stuff to make my epic nachos: (sweet potato tortilla chips, spicy Pico de Gallo (grocery store has some made fresh daily), shredded reduced fat cheddar/monterey jack cheeses, nonfat sour cream, spicy guacamole, some seasonings to add to the shredded chicken breasts (chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion powder, Aleppo pepper flakes, garlic salt.. I've got the sea salt & black pepper already). My epic nachos are: 1 layer tortilla chips, topped w/seasoned shredded chicken, topped w/pico de gallo, followed by the shredded cheese, then topped by another layer of all that again, warmed in the oven 10min, & when taken out, topped w/a bit more pico de gallo (if desired) & spicy guacamole &/or salsa (if desired). It's pretty much a meal for about 3-6 people.. good for a movie night or something.
- oatmeal (plain/rolled oats)
- some local honey, if I can find it.
...I'll probably get sour candy at the checkout, let's face it.
splurge thing: either some Irish cream, or a combo of fresh limes, Gosling's Diet Ginger Beer, & Vodka (brand recommendations welcome) to make/try Moscow Mules (got some copper mugs as a random gift; apparently they're good for this beverage - never heard of it til I looked up the uses for copper mugs.. all the ingredients sound great)
...I think that's it. I try to do a month+ worth of shopping in one go, leaving only fresh produce as a weekly pickup thing. Freeze most of the meat/poultry/fish.
03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!
04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy
02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack
03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
Red skin potatoes
Whole grain or sourdough bread
Tofutti vegan sour cream
Vegetable stock or bouillon
Fresh dill, rosemary and cilantro
Sweet potato or butternut squash
Clif crunch granola bars
Plain soy milk
Apples, oranges, lemons, limes
Frozen broccoli, peas
Oriental flavor Ramen
Roasted red pepper hummus
I've already got peanut butter, jelly, dried beans, lentils, quinoa, rice, sunflower seeds, plus condiments, spices and nutritional yeast. And some frozen blueberries to put in my oatmeal...but by tomorrow I'm going to be out of most everything else once I cook my chickpeas with garlic, carrots and kale, which will get me through tomorrow.
I will probably also buy potato chips and some Just Chill or kombucha, let's get real.
"Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey